New tune-Motovation,critique wanted

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Please take a listen to my new tune at "Motovation"
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/fieldenmusic.htm (http://www.soundclick.com/bands/2/fieldenmusic.htm)
Would like some feedback on mix.
Also a new tune called "oxymoron".
thanks
spinedoc

What I find so odd about this track is that between 1.35 and 1.55 the bass surfaces bringing that much desired oempf to the track. And looking at the meters it seems that the emphasis lies more in the mid-sequences rather then give it a drive in the low-end.

As for the vocals; they sound quite okay.

And bring out that sax more, it's there but gets lost in the mix somehow with I feel too much reverb.

Another thing I am noticing after a few listens too is the amount of different guitars used. Try to stick with just two maybe three and pan them a bit more extreme as you have now.

Then again, I may as well be totally off here, as I have zero experience with this kind of music; just my ears talking here ;)

I do like this track - it's a welcome break from the sort of stuff I'm into. From a mix point of view most of it seems ok. I think I'd do what's been said about the sax part and I'd check the differences in the drum levels; some stick out while others seem to be lost. Well done anyway, love it.

Thanks,
Mark.

Cool cool track! I love the style. Cool break around 1:10. I love the panning, but agree with Mark, some percussion stuff should be brought up in the mix like the snare. Good clean sound and great use of space to keep it clean.

I'm on headphones, so my review could be jaded a bit. Nice stuff!
-="I beat the Internet...the end guy is hard"=-

Return to “Music Cafe”