Awakening-updated

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi! :)

This is new and for now done on headphones :-o and not finished yet.
But I think it's ok so far "as is", so hope you like it.

Its called Awakening!

As allways, comments etc please! :D

:D fake :D
Last edited by fake on Sun Jul 11, 2004 1:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
You cant beat people up then have them say "I love you"

this is great mate 8)

i lreally like the simplicity of the percussion with the big reverbed kick drum and the liltte snare and sonar ping.

the strings/pad sounds nice and full as well.

top class, look forward to hearing it when its done.

cheers,

steve.

simple yet evocative 8)

keep it comin B.

He wakes up in the hotel bed with a terrible pain in his forehead, like a massive hangover, but he has no recollection of drinking or even what he did the night before for that matter..

He slowly rises & feels a stickiness covering him under the sheets. Slowly pulling them back, he is struck dumb by the crimson stain covering the mattress & the lower half of his body.

Through the pain dulling his vision, he scans the room looking for signs of life, but none appear. He has no idea what he is doing here, or whose blood he has covered himself with..

Shakily, he gets up & moves slowly towards the bathroom, searching every aspect of the room for any kind of hint to justify his presence, but finding none. The bathroom door is slightly ajar, & the light was left on. He peeks through the crack & sees a woman's forearm hanging off the side of the bathtub, but cannot see the rest fo her.

He whispers to her, asking if she is ok, & if she needs any help. She does not respond, & his disorientation leads him to anger. He yells at her, "Who are you?! What the f**k am I doing here?"

No response. Anger fully roused, he slams open the door & rushes in the bathroom to instantly drop to his knees vomiting upon the sight of the woman's mutilated body. She is torn like a burlap sack caught in a threshing machine. Despite her incredible condition, there is virtually no blood anywhere; she has been carefully rinsed clean.

When he stares into her open, lifeless eyes, he thinks for a second that he may know her, but he cannot tell as most of her face has been sliced off.

Only the eyes remain untouched, and they stare back at him in silent accusation.

He knows he could never do this to someone, yet how did this happen and why is he here? In tears now, his confusion is compounded by a sharp banging on the hotel door..the police are outside and they don't sound happy. How did this happen to him?

Cool track man :D

not my kind of thing generally, but this sounds great. :wink:
i'd rather have a mullet than a comb-over.
fortunately, i have neither.

Whoaaaaaa 8)

You said it right there, it is allready good as it is... I would only work on the nuances of the separate elements, and get some subtle changes in the sounds over time ;)

Great sound fake :D

Mystahr wrote:Whoaaaaaa 8)

You said it right there, it is allready good as it is... I would only work on the nuances of the separate elements, and get some subtle changes in the sounds over time ;)

Great sound fake :D
Agreed. Let the sounds "do there thing" as I think you chose a group of them. Show them off, automate some of the filters, panning, etc.

Also, that "lead" pad sound is a bit dry...it needs some chorus or maybe layered slightly with another sound to give it some body...it seems a bit thin.

Kinda scary for me, its 1+AM and I'm in my dark office on the other end of the house, so I'm a bit creeped out :-o

X-Files comes to my mind :D Good stuff!
-="I beat the Internet...the end guy is hard"=-

Sorry I didnt get back sooner after I posted this. I had to go get some gre, er, sustinance and get wasted for a change. :-o

Thanks one and all for the nice replies and constructive comments.:)

Also to Mystahr and drez, it is a bit static at the moment and does lack some body so I will be doing a bit more with the lead. It is layered in the middle part but needs more. :wink:
I'm very happy you like it. Its the highes track count Ive had so far, 7! and has had little else done to it so far.

sr202, spaced kit
crazy diamonds
samp 7, 5 string bass samples
2 x carpet sweeper
2 x synth1
some chorus and eq

Thanks

Hey, this is pretty good! I like the sparseness. Is that a word? :D Very relaxing. I wouldn't do a whole lot to it.

Sickle666, was that on the spur of the moment? Pretty good start to a short story.
"..because anybody can
or should be able to rock off turntables
Grab the mic, plug it in and begin
..." -KRS-One
www.myspace.com/synthlegend

Sielsynth wrote: Sickle666, was that on the spur of the moment? Pretty good start to a short story.
I let the song title & mood of the track guide me as I listened to it; yeah it was on the spot :D

My teachers in school always begged me to become a writer, but I was frustrated by never bieng able to get all my thoughts on paper/screen in time, so the ability festered :evil:

*back to the tune folks :D

quote by sickle666 "I let the song title & mood of the track guide me as I listened to it; yeah it was on the spot" :-o

Fantastic stuff! Keep on with the writing, 8) you know it makes sense. I'm about 4 chapters into writing a sci-fi black comedy at the moment, its taking a while but no rush!

fake, wow man that is a cool tune.
I think, other than some automation, this thing is done.
(and reading sickle666's short storyline along with this is rather cool!)

Thanks Gary. :D

Glad you like it also. :)
Just decide to put some autopan on the last noisey bit :D

I'm glad you liked my little contribution to your track, Fake...

I'm a hard-core sci-fi fan of 20 years. Maybe we can collaborate on a screen play..shit man, we could even collaborate on the score as well :hyper:

fake wrote:2 x carpet sweeper

is that still a magix only instrument
i got that in a copy of magix years ago but the host was not my thing but the sounds from this were sweet 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”