December Contest: Submissions "New Year's Eve"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

New Year's Eve

As the year (for much of the world) winds down to a close this month, some people will be looking forward to celebrating the arrival of the New Year with a party, surrounded by many of their loved ones and friends. Said party may involve loud music and the consumption of controlled substances.

Others will not be celebrating in such a raucous manner, and instead may celebrate in a more calm and reflective way, that is if they don't in fact just choose to go to bed early because, really, what's the point?

This month's contest is to compose the next great New Year's Eve song. Is it a defiant party anthem? Is it a meditative take on death and rebirth? That's up to you!

1 - Encoded in either .mp3 or .ogg format.

2 - How you choose to celebrate New Year's Eve is up to you, so there's no time limit on your track this month.

3 - entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT LINK (note: THIS MEANS A DOWNLOAD LINK) in this RULES & SUBMISSIONS thread (use the GOSSIP thread for everything else). If you cant provide a direct link, please contact one of the following people listed below, they will be happy to help you out. These people provide free hosting for the purpose of this contest only! They are not a hosting service. When contacting these people, please take the effort to understand the terms and conditions they provide.

Providers:
1 - knockman
2 - watto
3 - slartibartfast

In addition...
http://www.kara-moon.com/forum has offered "self service" space. Log into the forum to find out more.

4 - Submitted by early a.m. (US Central Time) Thursday, December 28, 2017 to give you a day or two to work in those latest musical toys :).

5 - Your entry must be composed specifically for this contest (or, if a cover, arranged/recorded specifically for this contest).

6 - Your entry must be created with audio plugins or software studio.

7 - Your entry should have the FILE named in a format of "yearmonth_artistname_tracktitle" (eg "1712_KingDude_WatchTheBallDrop.mp3"), where the artistname is the same as your KVR name. Please do not use spaces and special characters in the filename. Special considerations will be given to those that have the hosting agent change the file name.

8 - If you are going to tag your mp3--and you should--the artist name is to be the same as your KVR name, and the title tag is to be the name of your tune.

9 - One person can participate either with one entry, with one entry and one collaborative effort or with two collaborative efforts.

10 - Every submission has to be tagged with:
a) used instruments (virtual and 'real')
b) players' and singers' names (if other than entrant; collabs are allowed, sometimes encouraged, but they must be credited)
c) origin of loops and samples, if they're not free of copyright (this includes CreativeCommons material; please read and follow the license of the samples and loops you use); naming the origin of copyright free loops is also encouraged, but not mandatory. Please only use samples you are legally entitled to use.
d) name(s) of composer(s) -- if an entry is a cover this should be noted in the file name and/or the mp3 "Title" tag as well as the submission post (not everyone reads the submission posts).

11 - If there are strong doubts about the origin of the composition or parts of it, the participant should have the possibility to send a project file to the moderator, who could give it to a trustworthy person with the right host to examine it. Important: the participant should not be forced to do it.

12 - No resubmissions without permission from the moderator, INCLUDING for time-overage correction. Please PM me for permission.

13 - Any tracks not adhering to these guidelines will be very naughty indeed. Possibly disqualified upon peer review. And at least mocked for all to point and giggle.

14 - Voting (members must have at least 20 posts to vote ... although contest entrants are exempt from this ruling) will run from the submission deadline until early a.m Sunday, May 1st. Anyone voting for themselves will find ALL their votes disqualified; any entrants not voting will also be disqualified.

If you have questions, send a private message to drapostrophex (that's me, Victor!) or ask in the gossip thread.

This is about RESOLUTIONS
Be resolute. Get in shape !
:roll:

Get in Shape !

HW:
Fender strat, EHX Soul Food, H&K Tubemeister 5, Alesis Nanoverb, Rocktron Chameleon, Jackson Bass, Zoom MS-60B, Waldorf Rocket
SW :
NI Bandstand, NI Battery, Lounge Lizard, Glaceverb, Camel space, KeFir, LFX-1310, Kjarehus classic bundle, Fusion Field, Vocaloid Cyber Diva
Samples :
Softwalls - Crowd on Moscow anti-corruption protest

https://soundcloud.com/clauderagonnet/low-resolution
Live Drum Rack
Synths : Massive , MPowerSynth, Absynth,
Effects: Echoboy, Camel Space, RP-AMod
Voice recorded with ShureSM58

Mixed and mastered with Ozone 7 in Ableton Live 9

I've (very loosely if the truth be known... :hihi: ) taken the second route and gone for a 'put the past behind you and get on with the future' song in a slightly overblown (as is my wont) pop stylee. Ripped off loads of things, which generally is a good sign I feel. :scared:

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/12- ... llapse.mp3

The usual litany of technology;

Kontakt patch of my encore acoustic geetar
Kontakt patch of variax acoustic
Guitar from Komplete Evolve something or other
AAS Strum
NI strummed acoustic
Amplesound ABPL free
Amplesound 12 string acoustic
Amplesound telecaster
Orange tree samples pedal steel (must...stop..before...become country and western artiste..)
NI orchestral symphony ensemble (or something, I don't know what these things are all called, there's too many of em)
Some orchestral drums from the kontakt factory library
808 hi-hats from the kontakt library
Tambourine loop
Singing/smoking
Effects and bizzle.

It's over 4 minutes - a bastard epic.

https://soundcloud.com/skipscada/one-minute-to-midnight

DAW: Tracktion Waveform 8
OUTBOARD: Epiphone Sheraton electric guitar; El Cheapo bass guitar; Really Nice Limiting Amplifier; Audient ID22; Beyer Dynamics 201 TG mic.
VST INSTRUMENTS: EZDrummer2 Hits and Twisted Kit kits & tweaked midi + homemade midi. Tracktion Collective Brass.
VST EFFECTS: Bass Professor MkII; Tracktion Daw Essentials Compressor/Delay; Tracktion FinalMix; EZMix2; Valhalla FreqEcho, 2ACBreeze.
SAMPLES: The McGuire Sisters - excerpt from "Let's Start the New Year Right" ripped from youtube; own recording of bar ambience.

I ended up hating this track. The idea was to make a silly but catchy party thing based on the structure of Dee-lite's 'Groove Is In the Heart', but after a while I realised I had only managed to steal the bad elements of that track, and that mine sounded completely devoid of freshness and originality. So I pruned it down to a suitably short length and called it a day. I had a list of things that I wanted to correct or improve, but it just felt like polishing a turd. New year's resolution: make more meaningful music.

Hello. Happy to join the competition.

A new piece of love musique.. "Alubjar" to add.

http://soundcloud.com/eatme/alubjar

download flac: 1712_EatMe_-_Alubjar.flac
download mp3: 1712_EatMe_-_alubjar.mp3
download mp3 mirror 2 (currently dealing with SSL domain name issue): 1712_EatMe - Alubjar.mp3

visit my discography to download all music I made.

124 BPM

DAW: Renoise 3.1.1

VST instruments used:
AAS LoungeLizard Session (electronic piano)
Acoustica Pianissimo (piano)
T-Force Alpha Plus (trance plucks)
MauSynth (Synth licks)
KORG WaveStation (Ambient Chords Pad)
LennarDigital Sylenth1 (Futuristic Pads)

VST effects used:
FreeVerb2
MJRotoDelay
TDR Kotelnikov GE
internal Renoise DSP effects

Samples:
chopped up The Same Old Thing
Effect and drum samples from the AWE32 Sample Board BBS (now offline)
Some kick drum samples from various sources

yours,

sir EatMe
http://eatme.pro/music

Hi all,

I revived an old keyboard riff and made an arrangement around it. I thought first it could be a great EDM anthem but my producer's skill are not that good.
Track was 4 minutes and 4 seconds long. The title became obvious.

This can be the track you'll be dancing to on New Year's Eve, at 4:04 in the morning, completely drunk.

https://soundcloud.com/jay-f-2/404-anthem-not-found

Made with Logic Express 9.
Synth : ES2
Drums : UltraBeat

Merry Christmas !! Happy Holidays !!
We are born naked, wet and hungry. Then things get worse.
https://soundcloud.com/jay-f-2

I Hate New Year

Please note in Scotland we don't use the term New Years Eve, we call it Hogmany. Also, if easily offended this song features a fair bit of 'industrial' language. NSFW.

DAW's
Tracktion 7

Instruments
Peavey electric guitar
Epiphone acoustic guitar
SM57 mic

Plug-Ins
Addictive Drums 2 & Keys
TAL Reverb 2
TDR Nova & Feedback Compressor
Sampletank 3
Tracktion 4-Band EQ,Chorus, Compressor, Reverb, Delay & Low/High Pass Filter
OldSkoolVerb
mdaEPiano
GDuckDly

plus a midi file from freemidi.org
can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... lthood.mp3

guitar
ehx: platform, canyon, pulsar
boss: volume, expression
meris: ottobit jr
orange micro crush amp

samplitude
guitar rig
reactor

reminiscing about where my life has gone...

Apparently I am an idiot. I thought I had until the end of the month to join in on this. Anyway, I wrote a song based on this prompt so I was hoping I could still post it here and maybe some of you might be kind enough to give it a listen (I know I am no longer eligible to be a part of the competition). This song is about realizing what really matters on New Year's Eve. I hope you enjoy it.
https://soundcloud.com/user-44872685/all-is-quiet

Return to “Music Cafe”