Golden Death Music - Invisible Tears

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Astralp wrote:That's good to hear :) I'm not really sure why I haven't checked out more of your stuff before now, but I'm glad I stumbled upon your post here. I was remembering how the paint on the hand made CD used to stick to whatever was next to it, I thought that was great. It reminded me of the 1st Durutti Column album which had a hand made cover made of sandpaper which destroyed all records next to it (Joy Division were paid to make them before they had any records out). Anyhow i though it was great and made it a precious thing, mine had a couple of Aliens on it I think.

Ha, that's super cool about the Durutti Column album. I am a fan but never knew that about album. The stickiness of the hand made album wasn't so much a concious choice as it was an unintended side-effect of using spray paint to color the CDRs. I'm glad it still worked for you though- we eventually stopped doing it because a few people complained it got stuck in their cd players! Doing individually painted unique CDs did encourage people to buy the album, and we eventually had more demand than we could keep up with. I loved being able to give people something unique, as no two covers were the same. Thanks again for buying the other albums - I think you might like BackwardsOnwards too, as that is one the stronger efforts on there (which I somehow managed to record during the tumultuous period of separating from my wife and moving between countries), so feel free to take advantage of the free download.

To everyone else, thanks so much for listening and for the suggestions. One thing I was thinking about changing in the song was the end...instead of having the "am I free" acoustic part I was thinking of just having the last chorus part repeat one more time and fade out. Any thoughts? I just feel the last part kind of hints at a new part following but doesn't go anywhere and is just not necessary, but I don't know if I should change it or not.

haha, it was a great idea! I didn't have any issues with the CD itself. I've grabbed BackwardsOnwards, I was listening to Cosmic Joke this afternoon and I like it so far :)

have you ever heard any iliketrains? Although musically different to you, they capture a similar mood especially lyrically. They often write biographical songs taking on the persona especially on the early stuff, which is very unique and powerful. This one is about Scott's expedition, I somehow have a feeling you'd appreciate them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hoHloQFJNvs

and this one is about Bobby Fischer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7LQ9We7Tyc

Nope, I've never heard of Iliketrains. Thanks for the links! I look forward to checking them out. I've always been a fan of post-rock type stuff.

layzer wrote:ok, here is the LAYZERSOUND master
The differences are very subtle. More bass and some high end rolled off I think. The vox are still buried. The loss of high end makes it sound duller. I think a remix from the stems would be preferable.

Frantz wrote:
layzer wrote:ok, here is the LAYZERSOUND master
The differences are very subtle. More bass and some high end rolled off I think. The vox are still buried. The loss of high end makes it sound duller. I think a remix from the stems would be preferable.
agreed, a punchier kick and less reverb on the vocals can only be changed with a stem remix, :phones:
i just bumped the sub bass a bit on an already good freq spectrum balanced mix.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”