Soca Philosophy

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello !

This piece marks the return of the acoustic guitar. This is a bright, almost airy in its tones, rhytmic piece. Easy listening ? I do not know, but it surely flows by nicely. Synths open and closes the piece while the theme is played on xylophone and cimbalon (Pianoteq). No mysteries here, no melancholy, just bright and open.

On the mixing side, 'Soca Philosophy' was mixed using Mixbus32C, the commercial counterpart supporting Ardour development. Approx. 35 tracks were used, 5 busses, and two VCAs. Not many plugins were used if you put aside the x42 EQ used as subtractive EQ on each track, as well as the x42 1/3 Octave Spectrum Display on each track, post fader. The new addition was the use of u-he Uhbik Tremolo on some sequenced tracks to give a stereo rhtythm. The acoustic guitar went trought the usual MPA2 and VLA2 stereo tube preamp and compressors, then through OvertoneDSP's Pulltec emulations. There was a clear problem of integrating the acoustic guitar into the synth layers. Hopefully it turns out not too bad.

'Soca Philosophy' was created in Bitwig and refined and mixed in Mixbus32C. All guitars were recorded in Mixbus32C. System is Linux Mint 18, KDE.

And as always, for Pete's sake, I listen to the soundcloud upload and find that it's not really reflecting what I was working on - alas, that's how it goes for now !

https://soundcloud.com/nominal6/soca-philosophy

Cheers.

This is a warm inviting piece. Quite suitable for lazy Sunday listening.

The timing in the performances is sometimes imprecise but still acceptable I think.

Nice job! :tu:

Thanks ! And thanks for the comment about timing - much appreciated and I'll look into that.

Cheers.

Return to “Music Cafe”