The Wagtunes Corner

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

What CD Would You Like To Hear Me Do?

Modern Pop (Katy Perry, Taylor Swift, etc.)
5%
Classic Rock (Stones, Beatles, Who, Zep)
5%
Prog Rock (Yes, Genesis, Kansas, etc.)
10%
Show Tunes Style (Sound Of Music, My Fair Lady, etc.)
3%
Country (Alan Jackson, Garth Brooks, etc.)
2%
Disco (Bee Gees, Tramps, etc.)
14%
Metal (various sub genres)
9%
EDM (various sub genres)
14%
80s (various genres)
8%
Your Music Sucks. Please Stop Making It
30%

Total votes: 174

RELATED
PRODUCTS

From my CD "Sins Of The Father"

On The Edge Of A Bad Life

Its cold outside
Even colder in my heart
Bad breaks rough ride
Life it seems to fall apart

Can't help but think
That I could have been someone
I'm on the brink
Of a new life just begun

Don't want to be
On the edge of a bad life
Don't want a world
Filled with pain and strife
Don't want to be
On the edge of a bad bad life

The time goes by
Faster than it ever did
The tears I cry
Feelings that I never hid

Can't help but think
That I could have been someone
I'm on the brink
Of a new life just begun

Repeat Chorus 2x

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... the-father

I don't normally post more than one track in a day but something made me think of this song so I figured I'd get this one out of the way.

A few things.

1. This is me singing from 2015. It was pretty much the start of the end of my voice.

2. The song was actually written for a class assignment. I was taking a lyric writing course to brush up on my technique. It was very worth while. You can't even begin to imagine what's involved in writing a commercial lyric.

3. Ultimately, the song resulted in my sending it to the American Song Festival contest and becoming a finalist. Yeah, I came that close to winning the darn thing. But that's what happens when you write really meaningful lyrics and not the junk I typically write because I'm too lazy to work that hard on my lyrics.

4. The mix is terrible. I did it as a class assignment so pretty much rushed through recording it after writing the song. I'd do a much better job today, I assure you. Unfortunately, I can no longer sing this song.

Having said all that, here it is. Probably one of the best songs I've ever written. Problem is, it's so Broadway that unless there was a whole collection to go with it, there's no market for this.

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... -than-this

:shock:

You have a great voice, man. Super impressed.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Mushy Mushy wrote::shock:

LMAO. I had an okay voice. Now, not so much. :hihi:

But thanks anyway.

wagtunes wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote::shock:

LMAO. I had an okay voice. Now, not so much. :hihi:

But thanks anyway.
Modesty ;)
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

WARNING - PROCEED WITH CAUTION

Okay, here is one from my very, very, VERY early years of recording. At this point in time, I had no idea what EQ, compression, limiting or ANYTHING was. I just cranked up the synths and the mics and let 'er rip. So IF you listen to this, TURN DOWN THE VOLUME.

This is me singing. Lead, background, everything. Vocals were assisted by Digitech Vocalist, which pretty much salvaged my vocals to any degree.

The song itself is a total farce. Did it as a joke on one of my friends' friends. It is totally over the top and off the wall crazy. Musically, it's one of my personal favorites though I wish to God I had any clue at all of how to record things back then. There was a time when I wouldn't play any of these songs for anybody but today, eh, nothing bothers me anymore. There is nothing anybody can say about this track that I already don't know.

Song was recorded on a Teac A3440 with a lot of old, dusty, static filled equipment, mostly the result of bad 1/4 inch cables. Synths were all analog. Don't remember what they were. It was the 80s.

Sorry, don't have the lyrics but they should be pretty easy to understand. At least I hope so anyway.

Anyway, here it is...Hero Of The Stupid

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... arly-years

Another one from my CD "No Signal"

Gas Man

Gas man why you leave me breathless
Gas man why you leave me cold
You fix all the things that ail me
But leave fast it's getting old

Gas man this just can't go on boy
Gas man I need you to stay
My cake's baking in the oven
You just cannot go away

Don't you understand
The things that are to be
I gave you my love
Now you must give yours to me

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... /no-signal

Another one from my current project "Pop Madness"

In the 16 pages of this thread, I have never asked for feedback. in fact, I've warned people to stay away. But I really broke out of the box on this one and would really appreciate some feedback. Just one comment. That's all. Consider it a favor for all the tracks I've commented on here. I promise this will be the only track I post here asking for feedback.

Pranksters And Jokers

On the town looking for fun
Poor I am I don't find none
Search and search still it's no use
Help me please and let me loose

Take me away from this boredom
Give me a day without sore thumbs
I just want to kick my shoes off
Won't you help me get my blues off
Winners and losers
Beggars and choosers
Drinkers and smokers
Pranksters and jokers

Lonely days they are the worst
Kill me if death don't come first
Blame it on my mom and dad
Guess it's cause I was so bad

Repeat Chorus

Instrumental Break

So it comes down to this day
Words don't come nothing to say
But this ends right here and now
I don't care I don't care how

Repeat Chorus

Outro

https://soundcloud.com/steven-wagenheim ... lead-vocal

I'm going through your stuff, mutha future, your prolific, can't say a favourite yet, overloading my fragile little mind :D
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote:I'm going through your stuff, mutha future, your prolific, can't say a favourite yet, overloading my fragile little mind :D
If you could just listen to the last one, that would be fine. I really put a ton of work into arranging it.

wagtunes wrote:
Eauson wrote:I'm going through your stuff, mutha future, your prolific, can't say a favourite yet, overloading my fragile little mind :D
If you could just listen to the last one, that would be fine. I really put a ton of work into arranging it.
So far, if we had forever :D
Okay, so sometime somewhere,
Really digging this, has a real swing to it, snare could do with some softening, @ 1.51 I'm getting a distorted feedback thingy, I dont think its intentional.
Pranksters and jokers,
Really like this, love the vocals and the overall feel, guitars far excel the earlier tracks I've heard ( < so far, phew 294 no 295 is it!! ) air guitar moments aplenty :)
You should seriously look into new languages, Japanese, sud Korea, Chinese.
You'd be a total firkin smash ;)
Pop interlude,

Oh, you just send chills down me, this stuff( not stuff I know ) is aweinspiringsome :)
Let me go,
Oh Wags honestly, learn more languages, get a translation app, study and you'll
This is anime GOLD!!
:D
:tu: :oops: :love:
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

Eauson wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Really digging this, has a real swing to it, snare could do with some softening, @ 1.51 I'm getting a distorted feedback thingy, I dont think its intentional.
Pranksters and jokers,
Really like this, love the vocals and the overall feel, guitars far excel the earlier tracks I've heard ( < so far, phew 294 no 295 is it!! ) air guitar moments aplenty :)
Pop interlude,

Oh, you just send chills down me, this stuff( not stuff I know ) is aweinspiringsome :)
Let me go,
This is anime GOLD!!
Thank you. You have absolutely no idea how you made my day. These are the moments I hang onto when I get days when I think "Why do I bother?"

This is why.

wagtunes wrote:
Eauson wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
Pranksters and jokers,
Pop interlude,

Let me go,
This is anime GOLD!!
Thank you. You have absolutely no idea how you made my day. These are the moments I hang onto when I get days when I think "Why do I bother?"

This is why.
No it not, you have honestly just brought a tear to my eye, both in fact!!!
Mutha future.
Thankyouverysomuch :D

Cleaned up, cos :)
Last edited by Eauson on Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Eauson wrote:I didn't mean no its not, aghhh,

I got so ruddy emotional, my fingas failed me and my mind went still.
Of course this is why, aghh.
Any body got a ladder!!
Will listen some more later :D

Edit >
Maddening,
Your too bloody humble, get some truck nutz!! < edit

Confidence is born from nowhere, its not a thing, its a belief, get some belief!!
Crickey cor blimey guv'ner :D

Additional edit > I've seen this in many people who are far more capable than they realise, the opposite sex, my own brother!!
People drag you down, not because you're worthless, its the bloody opposite ( yes I used opposite twice!!)
Sorry, I've got all angry now, bleeding humanity heh.
What's the .
Thankfully there are beacons out there, see them everyday and you my FRIEND are one of them <
Need to relax, now where's that fromage :)
Please take this as a compliment. You're a real character. :hihi:

Reading your stuff is liking reading a quirky novel.

Anyway, go and relax with your fromage (I had to go look that up to see what it was. :hihi:)

Return to “Music Cafe”