bugs :o everywhere!!!! (modular jam) (no marmalade sorry)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://www.viablehybrid.com/vurt/testtu ... ywhere.mp3

just giving lil' blue some Tuesday afternoon lovin :D

You really want to cut that 16KHz constant whine in the first 30 seconds or so (and maybe also the one at 8K too). Less irritating later when the highs are pulsing in and out, although by the time that happens I was already listening to everything through an EQ with a gentle roll off at 7K or so. The 16KHz was just too painful otherwise.

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs!
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

sjm wrote:You really want to cut that 16KHz constant whine in the first 30 seconds or so (and maybe also the one at 8K too). Less irritating later when the highs are pulsing in and out, although by the time that happens I was already listening to everything through an EQ with a gentle roll off at 7K or so. The 16KHz was just too painful otherwise.

sorry bout that :oops:
went straight from the modular to your ears, no post processing except cutting out the part and little fades to avoid clicks :)
ill have a look tomorrow, see if i can rejig the wires to remove it
cheers :)

whyterabbyt wrote:buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs!

not a mantis though :hihi: not yet...
looking at modules first, working out what hp im going to need. 204 sounds a lot, then i realised even the tg one is 4 hp, so it isn't as much as one first imagines :hihi:

vurt wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugs!

not a mantis though :hihi: not yet...
looking at modules first, working out what hp im going to need. 204 sounds a lot, then i realised even the tg one is 4 hp, so it isn't as much as one first imagines :hihi:
well, it can add up quickly, admittedly. modulargrid.net is damned useful for that sorta thing, btw.

ive been watching a lot of stuff on youtube, mylar melodies and the like, so i have a reasonable idea of the modules ill need to get what im after.
but i know all too well that at some point, something new and shiny will come along :hihi:
so might be best to make sure i have a few spare hp for a rainy day :lol:

and yeah, modular grid looks like a good way to plan it out :)

some kind of a brain bug !..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

vurt wrote:went straight from the modular to your ears, no post processing except cutting out the part and little fades to avoid clicks :)
I did figure you'd just recorded from source. If it's any consolation, I didn't hear any noticeable clicks. :hihi:

AFAICT, you just have 2 big frequency peaks on fixed frequencies (presumably harmonics, as one looks to be twice the Hertz of the other). That should be easy enough to doctor out with EQ.

vurt wrote:ive been watching a lot of stuff on youtube, mylar melodies and the like, so i have a reasonable idea of the modules ill need to get what im after.
what is it your after, then? I hadnt really added anything to my system for a long time so my recent additions over the past year or two have been focussed on sample processing, sequencing and programmable modules.

experimental.crow wrote:some kind of a brain bug !..
ive never seen one with eyes and mandibles before :o
or that big to be honest.

:hihi:

sjm wrote:
vurt wrote:went straight from the modular to your ears, no post processing except cutting out the part and little fades to avoid clicks :)
I did figure you'd just recorded from source. If it's any consolation, I didn't hear any noticeable clicks. :hihi:
all the hard work paid off then :D

:hihi:

AFAICT, you just have 2 big frequency peaks on fixed frequencies (presumably harmonics, as one looks to be twice the Hertz of the other). That should be easy enough to doctor out with EQ.

the bugmod has no built in eq, so best to iron out an issues at the oscillator/filter stage.
the eventual idea is to marry the guitar noodles with modular patches, for recording eq and such is fine, but the ultimate goal is to get out and annoy real people in the real world. and i don't trust sound engineers (not all, some are great) to not f**k it up if i give them too much work to do.
and given it will obviously start close to home, ive been to enough gigs around here to know that most sound engineers (and musicians tbh) are stuck in the pre 90s, mainly zep rock type bands and the one or two more experimental acts who go as far as beefheartesque but that there electrickery is witchcraft :o

admittedly, you only have to go one town over and it gets a bit better, st helens at least gave the world poisoned electrick head :phones:

whyterabbyt wrote:
vurt wrote:ive been watching a lot of stuff on youtube, mylar melodies and the like, so i have a reasonable idea of the modules ill need to get what im after.
what is it your after, then? I hadnt really added anything to my system for a long time so my recent additions over the past year or two have been focussed on sample processing, sequencing and programmable modules.

similar to whats going on in this patch, but with more intertwined rhythms/oscillators.
what a lot of folk on youtube call "generative music" but its more just repeated over longer periods so not as random as id hope from actual generative music, but what do I know about naming conventions :hihi:

where id originally hoped to take the bug before the bugs stopped coming :(
so oscillators (between 6-8 over time, no rush to fill it)[for audio signals]
as well as lfos, again ive seen some basic and some more interesting options, would be good to have a choice.
filters, a range of choices from lp through to hp and state variables. a few classic character ones too.
envelopes, clock divider, a deeper sequencer than the bug 4x4, the circadian rhythms looks interesting, and then add a couple of external options with beatstep pros maybe.
then a few utility apps for mixing signals.
and ideally two or more final outputs, then i can send different channels out to diff fx chains.

a couple of sample modules might be interesting, but until I saw the tg one, I hadn't really thought about that option. but as its one of my fave albums of all time id be a muppet not to :lol:

im sure theres bits im forgetting right now and ill be more specific when ive narrowed down my choices for the different areas.

since then tom stopped doing modulars, id been thinking about it, but always as a bit of a pipe dream. but recently, as per what i said in the other thread, its not as if i have a choice :lol:
and if i have to spend it, why not get myself some nice pedals and a nice synth out of it.

Kinda sounds like it could get to be a fairly extensive system, then... :lol:

do they do cheap ones? :lol:

edit:that doesn't make sense now ive got my glasses on :lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”