donkeyt- categorically imperative - short power pop/rokk

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

seangm wrote:Vocals have a David Byrne feel too which is cool
Not had that one before! Can see it a bit on this now you mention it - vocals a bit wobbly at times....

Man, rather nice track. The comparison with bob mould fits. I am a big Huesker Due fan - therefore: nicely done. Is this a whole band? Must be..
Greetings
HM

htcnext2 wrote:Man, rather nice track. The comparison with bob mould fits. I am a big Huesker Due fan - therefore: nicely done. Is this a whole band? Must be..
Greetings
HM
Just me and me guitars, computers and plug-ins!

I really like the guitar work. and the brevity of it. This is the thing with most pop, someone decides the only thing to do is repeat it until it's irritating as hell and ultimately I'm put off entirely.

(That's an actual tenet of the TV commercial trade, 'irritate, irritate, irritate' and the message sinks in.)

loved the arrangement ...
had your say , and then done ...
in that regard , it had a little elvis costello and the attractions feel to it ...

you never fail to entertain ...

Sounds great and has a joyous up beat feel...
The jangly guitars! Cool!
Works well for Autumn too! :)
Well done.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

jancivil wrote:I really like the guitar work. and the brevity of it. This is the thing with most pop, someone decides the only thing to do is repeat it until it's irritating as hell and ultimately I'm put off entirely.

(That's an actual tenet of the TV commercial trade, 'irritate, irritate, irritate' and the message sinks in.)
Absolutely...as I always say, I think it's a lot harder (but sometimes more rewarding) to write a two minute pop song than a 3 minute one - more discipline and stripping down of the structure required. I don't hear much 'modern' pop to be honest, except on TV, and sometimes on the radio whilst in cars, and I don't think you're far wrong. Seems to be no-one (that I'm aware of anyway) in the chart/radio mainstream doing inventive stuff within the form that the likes of say 10cc, Squeeze, Madness used to do. Just being an old git I suppose!

experimental.crow wrote:it had a little elvis costello and the attractions feel to it ...
I can see that actually, now you mention it, the bit at the end with the octave bass with just the electric and drums in particular. Cheers!

Allomerus wrote:Sounds great and has a joyous up beat feel...
The jangly guitars! Cool!
Works well for Autumn too! :)
Well done.
:)
Cheers. I always get a bit of jangle in there - the struggle now is not to use the 12 string on everything. :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”