Sad Piano

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/mediumaevum-artist/sad-piano

Hope you like it. I also hope to get some feedback, critique, other.

Okay, here's my honest feedback.

The starting and stopping of the piano in the first minute and a half is too exaggerated. After a while, it gets annoying. When the strings come in, they're too loud. They almost completely drown out the piano. The release of the strings being longer makes the stops in the second half not so noticeable. The melody itself is lovely. I just think the arrangement needs some tweaking.

wagtunes wrote:Okay, here's my honest feedback.

The starting and stopping of the piano in the first minute and a half is too exaggerated. After a while, it gets annoying. When the strings come in, they're too loud. They almost completely drown out the piano. The release of the strings being longer makes the stops in the second half not so noticeable. The melody itself is lovely. I just think the arrangement needs some tweaking.
Thank you for your honesty, I will take your criticism into consideration and perhaps make another arrangement.

Ditto with what Wagtunes posted.

I think you’re trying to be innovative a far as those piano breaks but too much of a good thing doesn’t work. I would say one pause would suffice to add some tension.

Yeah, the strings totally over power the piano.

It’s very nice music! I think it could be expanded upon.

Nice melody.
Did you want to omit a bass? Bass would give more depth.
Also the piano, try switching up an octave now and again to add more interest.
Another thing you can do is transpose up a key.
All these things add interest and variety to a piece.
Good work tho.

Seems more wistful than sad to me, like bittersweet
I disagree with the others about the opening, the start/stop seems like part of the tension. Then again... I made a song once out of cable-buzz, so WTF do I know about music. :party:

Agreed the strings drown out the piano, but I love the arrangement. When it's done I feel like something sad happened, but I'm going to be OK. Lovely work

Thanks for sharing it

Ditto what others have said about the piano and strings. A little more balancing and this would sound really good. Nice melodic theme running through this.
I invite you to 'voyage' over to https://adrianearnshaw.com, sign up for some fun e-mail 'blasts', and look forward to helping you launch your ears - and projects - into the stratosphere.

I think it's pretty nice.
If I know about the goddamn strings samples being too fking loud!! :(
Eastwest strings i think, they are quite AF below velocity 80 and 80+ they explode!
These are the times when editing to making a final product is more of a hassle than composing the music itself hahaha

Return to “Music Cafe”