My breakbeat track got lost in all the politics...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wow! I left town for the weekend, and when I came back the thread I started to show my anti-Bush breakbeat track went FREAKING CRAZY!

Thanks to the few folks who actually commented on the tune, including donkey tugger, Threshold Productions and uncadave.

The thread was not meant to start WWIII between political parties. It was about a piece of music! The insults and name calling that ensued was unwarranted.

LBN, you were right. The thread went to hell...

Thanks again to those who actually listened to the track.

Druu
www.druu.net
www.soundclick.com/druu

This thread does not belong in the music cafe unless you are going to post a link to a track.

Also, don't expect to post politically inflammatory music without expecting inflammatory reactions. I personally could care less about it, but you see the reaction that was born of it.

sickle666, my original thread did have a link. But since you made the point, here's another one.

www.soundclick.com/bands/9/druumusic.htm

I don't agree with you that my track necessitated the carnage that took place over the weekend. The track was not meant for the pro-Bush crowd. It was meant for the anti-Bush crowd. Plus, the few vocal phrases in the track are a reflection of my opinion and not an insult or statement aimed at anyone other than Mr. Bush, unlike the childish insults and name-calling that a number of members displayed.

If a member doesn't want to listen to a piece of music, that's fine. Let's just keep name-calling out of it. That's what doesn't belong in a Music Cafe thread.

Druu
www.druu.net

Druu, everyone has got opinions you know...not just you and if you make them clear in a piece of music, rest assured that there will be a "discussion" or whatever you would have called those 9 pages of ranting.

Well, folks taking my opinion and turning it into nine pages of ranting and frothing at the mouth just tells me that those people are just looking for a fight.

C'mon!! This is a music website. If people want to take out their frustrations, they can get off the internet and go to the gym. :D

Druu
www.druu.net

that original thread was one of the most saddest threads i ever read at kvr ..
:(
i am glad i didnt join it ..

putte

noting that this thread will also probably go to hell--because people find it nessecary to make pointed opinions not related to music production--I'll add my own fuel to the fire:

Don't f**king threadjack, morons.

If a thread is about audio production, stick to audio production. I listened to your track, the political slant wasn't even a foreground element of the piece. but a few jackasses decided turned the thread into a political flame war, so i didn't even waste time to post because there were already 5 or six pages of ranting you would have to sift through to find a comment.

And sickle666 you've been nothing but a jack ass in this section lately. i wont be checking this thread again. so bitch all you want i don't give a shit.

and druu, please keep posting your tunes in here, maybe be less obvious in your thead titles that there is a politcal slant in your piece. I have posted political music in here before, but didn't make it obvious. there are people who surf forums just looking for thread titles with 'bush' or 'kerry' to start a war in.

best of luck,
raymond

p.s. my piece had lyrics that included 'america is full of shit', and it did not turn into a 9 page flame war.

Sickle, for the sake of this thread and this forum please don't reply here - send him a pm if you think it's neccessary to reply :!: :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Druu, can you please post you track once again? :)

edit: :oops: you already did it - sorry, I missed that
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Raymond, thanks for the tip. I'll be a little more discreet next time.

Jens, you can find the track here:

Have a great day!!

Druu
www.druu.net
www.soundclick.com/druu

Now I have listened to the tune -

Druu, this is an international forum - that means a lot of people here have another native language than english.

My english surely isn't the worst one could imagine, but I rarely understand one of the few spoken words which your track contains somewhere amid its background noise.

I can just guess that I am not the only one. If you consider these words to carry an important message well then you should have written them down in your original thread.

But you didn't do it. Nonetheless you used a clearly
strongly political offensive headline for this thread.

Why? :?

Missed the first thread, and the breakbeat, not a bad tune though

I find it amusing I didn't call anyone names & didn't meantion anything concerning politics aside from thier application to the social animal & here I am bieng accused of ruining a9 page thread..

Glad I could be everyone's scapegoat.

Druu wrote:sickle666, my original thread did have a link. But since you made the point, here's another one.

I don't agree with you that my track necessitated the carnage that took place over the weekend. The track was not meant for the pro-Bush crowd. It was meant for the anti-Bush crowd.
I made that first post in this thread because you posted this here in the music cafe with no link to music, but complaining about ppl's reactions.

Also, sorry if it was only just for the anti-bush ppl, I saw nothing saying 'pro-Bush' ppl, get buggered & you ain't invited in here..

I listened to the track & I thought it was great; I'm anti-Bush myself, but my posts did not begin till the feeding frenzy had already been underway for some time; I was simply feeding on it's carcass, in much the same way as someone will soon be feeding upon this one if you guys can't quit the insults. I had nothing to do with that till I was targted myself.

"Sickle, please don't post"..I like that one..EVERYONE is allowed to have a say about something, but I must remain silent. Even after I'm insulted AGAIN..

That's cool, when the sky falls, you can politely ask it to stay where it's at. Maybe it'll work..

sickle666 wrote: "Sickle, please don't post"..I like that one..EVERYONE is allowed to have a say about something, but I must remain silent. Even after I'm insulted AGAIN..
I wrote 'please don't reply' - if you quote me please quote me correctly - furtheron I can't remember having criticized you in any way - it was just a beg for peace's sake - I thought the purpose was quite clear... :? :(

back to the music:

I like it - it is a clean and 'catching' production :)

Return to “Music Cafe”