Shadows Without Substance

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

the fellow that does my hosting charges like $20.00 - $25.00 usd per year ...
you get your own sub-domain , and email , if you want ...

post your tracks in any format ...
not sure of storage capacity / bandwidth issues ; you may not be able to
host your entire catalog , but a few tracks at a time are no issue ...
you could speak w/ him , about those issues ...

There is a new one where you can upload your non-lossy audio and share it. However they make you accumulate 'Karma points' to do more than two tracks there. Drooble, it's called. It's formatted much like Facebook, for discussion. I think contributing to discussion or knowledge gets you Karma points.

I just looked at it and I'm getting a relatively high number of plays there.

layzer wrote:NICE!

really loved the dynamics and tone....
ya know, people post piano music on here
but rarely get that pleasing tone you captured here...
bravo :clap:
Thank you!

The tone of this is actually becoming slightly controversial...some love it...some are not so keen.

The truth is that I have never really got 100% to grips with solo piano recordings via VSTs...bloody tricky to get right in my opinion!

Personally I like the vibrancy of this one, although I do think it's still maybe a bit muddy in the low mids?
Last edited by ChamMusic on Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jancivil wrote:There is a new one where you can upload your non-lossy audio and share it. However they make you accumulate 'Karma points' to do more than two tracks there. Drooble, it's called. It's formatted much like Facebook, for discussion. I think contributing to discussion or knowledge gets you Karma points.

Thanks...I shall check it out tomorrow.

Cool little dark ditty - thanks for sharing (and nothing to whinge about) :tu:
Symphony Nr.1
Meet the Cities Repair Team Unimportant laughter
music has become meaningless...we just keep doing it

Very nice! I enjoyed listening to this piece. You took quite a few chances and still were able to maintain solid musicality, to my ear.

experimental.crow wrote:the fellow that does my hosting charges like $20.00 - $25.00 usd per year ...
you get your own sub-domain , and email , if you want ...

post your tracks in any format ...
not sure of storage capacity / bandwidth issues ; you may not be able to
host your entire catalog , but a few tracks at a time are no issue ...
you could speak w/ him , about those issues ...
Thanks...feel free to send me a DM with his details.

jancivil wrote:There is a new one where you can upload your non-lossy audio and share it. However they make you accumulate 'Karma points' to do more than two tracks there. Drooble, it's called. It's formatted much like Facebook, for discussion. I think contributing to discussion or knowledge gets you Karma points.

Had a look..interesting idea!

thomekk wrote:Cool little dark ditty - thanks for sharing (and nothing to whinge about) :tu:
Thank you!

fastlanephil wrote:Very nice! I enjoyed listening to this piece. You took quite a few chances and still were able to maintain solid musicality, to my ear.
Thank you, much appreciated.

I was flying by the seat of my pants on this one...the journey couldn't have been maintained much longer without turbulence and maybe an emergency landing! :0)

I like the emotions of this music : both "ghostly" and dream-like ! Well done and good playing !

freecham wrote:I like the emotions of this music : both "ghostly" and dream-like ! Well done and good playing !
Thank you..more than happy with 'ghostly and dreamlike'! :0)

This is crying out to be in a film or have a short video to go with it. It's very evocative and should lend itself to storytelling.

It works as absolute music for me.

Very enjoyable. This kind of piano piece takes me back to my younger days when I was listening to a good deal of the early ECM records and the classical works of Scriabin and Debussy.

:clap:

Return to “Music Cafe”