[front porch electronica] another dixie flatline project

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Like this dad!

Saw a reference to Leo Kottle and yours to Stills...but if you ask me,I see you more influenced by early small faces,(Steve Marriott),and then early humble pie...as this tune reminds me of.

Love to string up my alverez and add a part to this! :)
But I don`t do more then half the things I want to do.

Taylor sounds good!
Popular guitar here in Philadelphia.

Make more like this...fine finger work! :)
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

elemental, essential. purdy.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Like this tune alot too Bluedad! :D But dare I say, it makes me think of Madonna's 'Don't Tell Me' song kinda? :shock: Don't worry, I feel 'ripped off' by her many times too. I was doing the 'electro-pokey' stuff 15 years earlier, and everyone told me it wouldn't fly... Bitch! :lol:

But great guitars, and basses, and pads, Oh my! :D

annode! I didn't listen to the faces or humble pie very much..but I'll check their old stuff out. (only humble pie was 'live at the fillmore' especially for 'walking on guilded splinters') Really did listen to a lot of CSNY and Grateful Dead not to mention the Beatles.
the part at 1:45, after I recorded it dawned on me that it's almost a direct rip-off from 'suite judy blue eyes'(I'll look the other way though)
xoxos, thank you very much for the listen.

jdub, who is this madonna person you're babbling about? :hihi:

I hear that dad.No older Pie exposure.

Your song "plug the monkey" reminded me of old faces,(w/Marriot)...then this one reminded me of the styles from the first 2 "humble pie"import/recordings,again Marriot.

Since you haven`t heard the stuff,it might be something else.
Funny how influences are formed...Marriot no doubt had influences as well.
I do absolutely see the "sweet judy blue eyes" picking movement.But overall,you may have a Marriot gene in you. :)

well, I must check this marriot guy out, he can't be too shabby, eh?
:D
annode, what are you doing up so early?
:lol:

Ehh,I was up all night...mostly watching "Kill Bill vol2",which sucked compared to the first one.

I just seached the net and one newsserver for something from one of the 1st 2 lp`s of Humble Pie`s to give you an idea.
-But no luck.I don`t even own one!They were rare at the time...now impossible to get I think.
But if you can imagine early Faces...it`s a bit like that but not exactly.

annode wrote:Ehh,I was up all night...mostly watching "Kill Bill vol2",which sucked compared to the first one.

I just seached the net and one newsserver for something from one of the 1st 2 lp`s of Humble Pie`s to give you an idea.
-But no luck.I don`t even own one!They were rare at the time...now impossible to get I think.
But if you can imagine early Faces...it`s a bit like that but not exactly.
"kill bill vol1" was great..was hoping the second would be as well..looking forward to that new qt move with jet li; at least the trailor looked interesting.
I've got rhapsody, so I have access to several old faces lp's. autumn stone (title cut is great); smallfaces, first step and an anthology. thanks for the tip
8)

The Pie lp that I was thinking of was "Town And Country "1969.

Yeah...KB2 was so boring! :cry:

"Town And Country" is a boring title, and so is "Young Men In Love". But put the two together as "Town And Country (Young Men In Love)", THEN you've got something! :hihi:

http://www.artistnow.com/index.php?m=vp ... &aid=11901

Sorry to crawl up Bluedads 'Back Porch' here, but just seeing "Town And Country", I almost shat! :-o

:lol:

Good afternoon,Gary :)
Nice tune here.I'm hearing more Marshall Tucker than Stephen Stills here though-maybe because of the flutish part going on.Either way,a nice and relaxing thing to listen to on a Saturday afternoon :)
I'll echo DT here-I wish I could pick like that :oops: :lol:
:hail: :hail:
ew
A spectral heretic...

jdub you're f**king crazy! :lol:
that's a great tune, though!

ew wrote:Good afternoon,Gary :)
Nice tune here.I'm hearing more Marshall Tucker than Stephen Stills here though-maybe because of the flutish part going on.Either way,a nice and relaxing thing to listen to on a Saturday afternoon :)
I'll echo DT here-I wish I could pick like that :oops: :lol:
:hail: :hail:
ew

thanks! must confess to listening to more than a little Marshall Tucker '74-78. NOw that you mention it, I do hear a bit of 'can't you see' in there. :lol:
trivia: Marshall Tucker was a blind piano tuner in South Carolina, who let these guys practice in one of his store rooms. Two guys who used to work for him are now sales reps for the store I work at now.

That Taylor sounds great.
What model is it?
I looked on their web site.
The prices scared me but it sounds great.

Gary, I listen to it now for some times, the instr. is so brilliant it needs your voice.

It´s so absoluteley relaxing and groovy. Will you sing? Pls!
Induljon a banzáj!

I concur with E-modic as well. :D I'd also like to see some more 'ninja action' on those guitar loops. A little 'rythmic stuttering' or 'break pauses' here and there might be nice?

Just don't have a video of you standing in a sandbox in front of screen with lesbo cowgirls dancing in the desert behind you is all I ask! :lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”