[ atonal poem ] Baudelaire's Destruction

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wôpelkà wrote:
Who translated that into English, leaving out B.'s rhymes? You yourself?
oh no! i wouldn't be able to do it. i found the translation on a web site.
I'd love see someone here making music to some scenes of Raymond Queneau
i could do that. i'm a Queneau's fan.

actually, i did use (among other things) one random paragraph of The Blue Flowers in a recent track. if you're interested, you can download it here.

Just downloading, but will last 1 hour 10 minutes, both tracks :-(.

I like Eluard too, and have nothing against Bataille :D , just against a certain kind of over-interpretation that took literature in big parts in recent years. It seemed the world had vanished and the rest was grey text-in-text-in-text-writing, and anyone who said something about the world we love :D was stamped and characterized as "naive" and "stupid". For example if you're deeply in love it might be sad reading stories which state that "before I fell in love I had experienced anything in the texts" and pretending love wasn't possible any longer, only as a kind of recital of old texts in some kind of ironical comments :x . But that has more to do with Derrida and Deleuze and De Man and Foucault and they way they were used in recent years than with Bataille :D.
Can you do a 20minute-piece after reading Emmanuel Bove in winter? ( Do you know Mes amis or Armand? Rather sad, but very good I think). That's what I always want to do, as I like this author much, and I will do, privately :D. But I still can't read him in French well:ooops:.
Still 42 minutes downloading...

I liked that you put the english translation beside the Baudelaire. Curious how your works will sound.

indianaboy wrote:oh man that track is really a pain in the ass! i dont know who would ever want to listen to this sort of crap! no i`ll go back to some harder trance that will get me awake again :D

:uhuhuh:

bluedad wrote: very different to be sure
but nice rhodes work,
and as usual, I like your voice.
even when I don't have any idea
what you're saying.
8)
thanks a lot Garry :D
you like my voice? :oops: :oops: :oops:

you know you can read the poem in english, don't you?

indianaboy wrote:oh man that track is really a pain in the ass! i dont know who would ever want to listen to this sort of crap! no i`ll go back to some harder trance that will get me awake again :D
hey, indianaboy, i'm glad you tried anyway. you like hard trance only, you see a [atonal poem] thread and you download the track all the same. it means you are brave and curious. good point.

i can understand that my track isn't the cup of tea of some trance freak kiddies. but you might be surprised how many people enjoy 'experimental' wankeries, me in the first place. :D

Makes me unbelievably sad like some Mahler-songs in early years of mine :oops: . But that's the mood of the poem, is it:). I admit I had expected a more "destructive" song, though. This is one for me that is more about the depressive part of destruction? But maybe the last half minute is that way, download crashed before it was finished.
Very good voice you have!

although poetry makes my bowels crawl out.. I kinda like this :) interesting atmosphere

your voice sometimes reminds me of antonio carlos jobim .. I think you'd be able to mimic his timbre
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Klemperer wrote:Can you do a 20minute-piece after reading Emmanuel Bove in winter? ( Do you know Mes amis or Armand? Rather sad, but very good I think.
cheers Klemperer (from the well known ochestra maestro?)
you know what? i didn't know Emmanuel Bove before your post. :oops: Google is currentely teaching me the basics... thanks for that.
Klemperer wrote:I liked that you put the english translation beside the Baudelaire. Curious how your works will sound.
there's not much in common between these two tracks. one is minimalistic atonal smog and the other is more a crazy party with drums, synths and organ (especially organ as you'll notice... :D )

thanks for the comments

Wôpelkà wrote:experimental' wankeries
Hey another new genre :)

Bring it on I say.

aMUSEd wrote:

Bring it on I say.

we can call it wunk

Klemperer wrote:I admit I had expected a more "destructive" song, though. This is one for me that is more about the depressive part of destruction? But maybe the last half minute is that way, download crashed before it was finished.
Very good voice you have!
i think i was more into the depressive side of destruction, following these verses:
Panting and broken with fatigue, into the midst
Of plains of Boredom, deep and deserted
spaceman wrote:although poetry makes my bowels crawl out.. I kinda like this interesting atmosphere

your voice sometimes reminds me of antonio carlos jobim .. I think you'd be able to mimic his timbre
antonio carlos jobim... another name i'll have to google... :oops:

thanks for the compliment. cheers.

Wôpelkà wrote:
antonio carlos jobim... another name i'll have to google... :oops:

thanks for the compliment. cheers.

girl from ipanema :wink:
it's meant as a compliment though :)

spaceman wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:

Bring it on I say.

we can call it wunk

:lol:

(then we could move onto wunk-hop and wunk n bass)

You like experiments? :wink: then give one of my tracks a try please!

www.soundclick.com/slapmeister because i as well do like experiments :D

to be honest, i expected a bit more to happen in your track. but at least other than most people here obviously i understand french! i might also add a poem to one of my next tracks...

aMUSEd wrote:
spaceman wrote:
we can call it wunk

(then we could move onto wunk-hop and wunk n bass)

I can't wait

Wireless wrote:You like experiments? :wink: then give one of my tracks a try please!

www.soundclick.com/slapmeister because i as well do like experiments :D

to be honest, i expected a bit more to happen in your track. but at least other than most people here obviously i understand french! i might also add a poem to one of my next tracks...
i'll listen to your tracks as soon as possible. i can't do it right now. i'm at work.

i might rework this track and add some variations. thanks for the comment. 8)

Return to “Music Cafe”