DT-Unsafe, shagtastic acoustic pop lurrrve, no robots.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Koorby wrote:Dammit Donks, if you had a CD out I'd buy it tomorrow! This is a lovely song, very easy to listen to, and I love the strings on this.

You need to check your mastering though, there is digital clipping at 2:34 on the word "change" and also from 2:40 - 2:55 on "unsafe" etc.

Nice work mate!
Cheers!

But......There is no digital clipping there. If you decode an MP3 then play it in soundforge/wavelab, you will get that as an artifact of the decoding process.

Seriously!

Or are you hearing these artifacts? (interested, cos I don't!)

edit- and I have had daft c**ts claiming that some manner of rough' 'rod stewart' stylee singing was clipping too. :lol:

Jesus, electrical music, it's ok

Yep, I am 100% hearing those artifacts in WinAmp Version 5.03a. Clear as day they are.

Are you sure you aren't Jeff Lynne's lovechild? :lol:

Nice song DT. Great vocals and good job with the strings.

Nick

Ahhhhhhh, so who wrote the lyrics in the end?

A tune to sit back to and relax and just look out of the window. Perfect strings.

Seems though if the accoustic in the beginning has been dulled a bit, lacking that sparkly attack.

Koorby wrote:Dammit Donks, if you had a CD out I'd buy it tomorrow! This is a lovely song, very easy to listen to, and I love the strings on this.

well - there are two CDs you can buy directly from Donks. i'm waiting for my parcel right now :hyper:

yeah, this is a faultless, mellow track.
well done mate!

Mystahr wrote:Ahhhhhhh, so who wrote the lyrics in the end?

A tune to sit back to and relax and just look out of the window. Perfect strings.

Seems though if the accoustic in the beginning has been dulled a bit, lacking that sparkly attack.
Hehe, I wrote the lyrics myself in the end! Another 10 minute job! :-o

Aye the guitar at the start is a bit duller, I was trying to get all sensitive and play it softly, lasted till about 1 minute through. :lol:

Hehe, Koorby, it does sound slightly clippy at those points in winamp, but not in Mediaplayer, weird! Anyway, I should have normalized the bugger to 90% as usual, so my own fault! :oops:
wopelka wrote:well - there are two CDs you can buy directly from Donks. i'm waiting for my parcel right now
Err, it'll be a day longer, bastard NTL broke the internet (i.e. it's been off all day here, so I couldn't get yer address from the PM :x :x :x ), but I'll get it in the post later today. :oops:

donkey tugger wrote: Hehe, I wrote the lyrics myself in the end! Another 10 minute job! :-o
I meant to comment on the lyrics.
excellent job. f**ker! :wink:

bluedad wrote:
donkey tugger wrote: Hehe, I wrote the lyrics myself in the end! Another 10 minute job! :-o
I meant to comment on the lyrics.
excellent job. f**ker! :wink:
:-o :oops: Errr, usual random rubbish! :lol:

Man, this is good. Great chords and changes. The "Disney around 2:30" comment isn't far off, though. Yeah, I'm definitely saving this. You've got something going here, keep this up!

- Evan[/quote]

Ahh, cheers sir! When I wrote that bit I was going for a sort of 'Ballad of easy rider' by the Byrds type thing, but Disney seems to fit it! A bit of schmaltz goes a long way. :D

Definitely time for something a bit more rocky now though.

needs robots ...
:P

Return to “Music Cafe”