Unfinished Business...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi everybody,

I'm pretty new on this site and certainly not a professional. Bram from smartelectronix moved to Barcelona and this inspired me to make a song. i guess he was looking for places that played smart music. i don't know about smart but the beat is definitely funky 8) . thanks to one ping and buffer override. i'm not quite finished yet but i certainly would like some feedback so that i can decide where to take this song. I'd really like your feedback.

here's the link (this is the cleaner new version, no more noise based on the feedback below)

http://home.comcast.net/~t.uz/carbonation3.mp3
Last edited by tuz on Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jeez man..all i see in Audition's waveform view is solid green :shock:

There's like NO transients in this, the song is really cool, but looking at that waveform, I'm wondering how much of the track I'm actually not hearing. All that hard limiting really takes a bite out of a track, but that's just my opinion..

You made some really clever use from minimal tools, though, I'll give you that. It's a neat little track.

Salude'

yeah i'm not that good at mastering and stuff. i have a lot of noise in there too which will be gone a bit after the beat starts. i will work on the mastering definitely though. hey thanks for the feedback. any ideas on how to master this. how do i make everything loud and clear at the same time?

I'm not that big on mastering myself, but you could probably normalize this alone & have way better transients without the hard limiting & compression..some of the stuff you don't want to be at a uniform volume, ya know?

Don't feel bad, I think this is 90% of everyone's Achille's Heel..

I like the driving beat but the few background noises are not enough to keep it interesting for me. It needs som lead sounds or vocals. Has great potential though. Can't wait to see where it goes.

for melody i'm either thinking a vocoder or a hardcore synth not to melodic though. i'm also going to play with the 303 a little. i will work on the mastering. i promise it will be way more interesting when i'm done. i'm just kind of stuck on the melody. i want it to be something funky, not very typical, something people will either hate or love but definitely remember. the problem is, like i said before, i'm stuck :cry:

But before you start adding new lines room needs to be created for it. Like sickle said this tune is heavily saturated allready and needs cleaning up. That said I personally think you'd achieve more by subtle changes in the lines and sequences you have running right now. Watch out with that introduced needle-noise half way for it can muddify big time. Try some gentle and subtle filterwork happening on the bassline and if you want to introduce something new I'd suggest something in the form of 16th hats (I used to call that train-sequences, tsjooka, tsjooka... etc)

Deep techno that reminds me in a way of emanuel Top

Cool track! I can't wait to hear a more final version. Maybe you should have something a little non-standard to fill it out more - not synth sounds but maybe some ethnic vocal loops or brass loops taken way out of context. Possibly something Barcelona-related? Some local folk singing, heavily effected?... I dunno. Great sound, though. I like the totally saturated sound of it. Makes me feel overwhelmed by the beat.

I like Pough's idea. You should keep it simple as it is, though. It works.

just posted the new link. it's much cleaner than the old one. still not finished though. i need some help. please...

I'd personally like to hear a hard driving drum track come in after the 1:30 mark (aprox)

Crank it up a notch. :D

dano
"In a sky full of people, only some want to fly,
Isn’t that crazy?"

too short, crap drums, great sounds :D

Return to “Music Cafe”