How do You™ Get By?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

You™ wrote:Thanks Lex but I gotta ask, what is a "cheesy magic box sound?" :)
something like this...

but, its a minor thing in a very nice song.

/ Lex

[ Lex ] wrote:
You™ wrote:Thanks Lex but I gotta ask, what is a "cheesy magic box sound?" :)
something like this...

but, its a minor thing in a very nice song.

/ Lex
Oh yeah! I forgot about that. Cheese is exactly what it is! :lol:

That's so cool that you took the time to do that. :hihi:

It's the first time anyone's covered me. :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Behold the power of cheese!

Ixox wrote:I don't like the systematic ping-pong right/left sound that starts around 0'22...
I hadn't noticed it on the first listen, but since I read you post I can hear it all the time! :lol:

Love the track by the way, it reminds me a bit of the band LHB, with a measure of early Underworld thrown in.

Really good intro too, especially liked the reversed, bit-shifted beats.

You™ wrote:It's the first time anyone's covered me.
with cheese :D
That link is to good :hihi:

ScarKord wrote: Love the track by the way, it reminds me a bit of the band LHB, with a measure of early Underworld thrown in.
Didn't LHB do that "No Transmission" remix a while back? I loved that! ...and Underworld, well, I'm not worthy. :hail:

What have you been up to ScarKord? I don't think I've heard anything from you since the Markleford-Tugger "Losing" remix thread. I hope you didn't mind my unauthorized remix of your remix back then. I really liked what you had done and saw an opportunity to associate myself with your cool stuff... (I think [ Lex ] had some really nice stuff in there too!)

And thanx to Sepheratoh, I appreciate it.

You™ wrote:What have you been up to ScarKord? I don't think I've heard anything from you since the Markleford-Tugger "Losing" remix thread.
Well, my son Joshua was born back in September last year, so that's kinda eaten into my spare time somewhat :D

I did manage to fit in a couple more remixes, one of which is hopefully being released later this year. It was for a band called Queen Mary - their lead singer is the daughter of bassist, Jaco Pastorius!
You™ wrote:I hope you didn't mind my unauthorized remix of your remix back then. I really liked what you had done and saw an opportunity to associate myself with your cool stuff...
I loved the remix actually - so returning the favour, heres what I'm currently working on :) Inspired by Lex's request for a Dub version of Get By...

Get By (ScarKord Remix)

It's still a work in progress, but thought you might fancy a listen. Who knows, if Joshua keeps me up over the next few nights I might even finish it :)

ScarKord wrote:
You™ wrote:What have you been up to ScarKord? I don't think I've heard anything from you since the Markleford-Tugger "Losing" remix thread.
Well, my son Joshua was born back in September last year, so that's kinda eaten into my spare time somewhat :D

I did manage to fit in a couple more remixes, one of which is hopefully being released later this year. It was for a band called Queen Mary - their lead singer is the daughter of bassist, Jaco Pastorius!
You™ wrote:I hope you didn't mind my unauthorized remix of your remix back then. I really liked what you had done and saw an opportunity to associate myself with your cool stuff...
I loved the remix actually - so returning the favour, heres what I'm currently working on :) Inspired by Lex's request for a Dub version of Get By...

Get By (ScarKord Remix)

It's still a work in progress, but thought you might fancy a listen. Who knows, if Joshua keeps me up over the next few nights I might even finish it :)
Congratulations on the new family addition. I have a second child due late March. I'm catching up on all the sleep I can get between now and then. I love the dub mix you've made. I could post the WAV files if you (or anyone) want to take it further - might be a bit more flexible and cleaner - but I think what you did is very cool. Thanks.

You™ wrote:Congratulations on the new family addition. I have a second child due late March. I'm catching up on all the sleep I can get between now and then. I love the dub mix you've made. I could post the WAV files if you (or anyone) want to take it further - might be a bit more flexible and cleaner - but I think what you did is very cool. Thanks.
Yes please :) There's only so much you can do with EQ to try and isolate the vocals.

Good luck for March BTW.

Alright... I've posted the source files at this location:
http://216.181.215.169/downloads/getby_rmx_wav_120bpm/

I hope you find what you want. Everything is 120 bpm 16bit/44.1 kHz WAVs unless noted. Cheers!

Was walking around town today listening to the song on repeat, really nice stuff, will try out the second mix.

When I was by the church, the bell rang, it sounded great together, so I recorded it, will do a remix as well.

i'm glad i downloaded that song.

great track!

Wopelka wrote:i'm glad i downloaded that song.

great track!
Thanks! Feel free to remix it if you want.

You™ wrote:

great track!
my humble hommage:

Get By WOmix

enjoy (if you can) :oops:

Wopelka wrote:
You™ wrote:

great track!
my humble hommage:

Get By WOmix

enjoy (if you can) :oops:
Wow. :) That way different and very nice. I think my singing is the weakest part. I kinda lose the tune here and there :oops:

It's one of the reasons I like low-tech gear and analog instruments: Since things aren't perfectly in tune, your ear accepts a wider margin of error for out-of-tune notes. The pristine digital world isn't so forgiving.

Cool rhythm. It's an approach I doubt I would have thought of - thanks for posting it. I like. :)

You™ wrote:Wow. :) That way different and very nice. I think my singing is the weakest part. I kinda lose the tune here and there :oops:

It's one of the reasons I like low-tech gear and analog instruments: Since things aren't perfectly in tune, your ear accepts a wider margin of error for out-of-tune notes. The pristine digital world isn't so forgiving.

Cool rhythm. It's an approach I doubt I would have thought of - thanks for posting it. I like.

thanks a lot, you're more than polite :oops: :oops: :oops: .

actually, i made everything possible to "push" your voice out of tune.. sticking LFO's on your singing track(Torben's GMO1)...

i know my track is more a sketch than a real remix, sliding on the surface of things - your song is marvelous and my remix so... errr poor. :oops:

Return to “Music Cafe”