Static

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All sounds come from the ground loops/hums created by handling one end of a guitar cable which was feeding through about 8 or 9 guitar effects pedals, and into a Line6 GuitarPort.
I did the same experiment for the southport CD although that leaned more towards sounds from a fan, but had one track in there with just handling the jack 8)

The pedals surely bring this a different taste and make it sound grand in my ears.

Cool to be hearing you again though, I can imagine that the rut you were in was getting to choke a bit. This is a good break out track ;)

Can we see a continual on the minute series too :)

Does your host not have auto quantise? :hihi:

Nice stuff actually, some nasty bits that got my speakers jumping, so thats a good thing generally.

I'd like to hear this in the cinema as incidental music to a hideous torture scene :D
Last edited by Kriminal on Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kriminal quoth Does your host not have auto quantise?

Feh. That's for wimps. ;)

Thanks folks, btw. The comments are much appreciated.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

sorry. double post...
Last edited by Hovmod on Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Very cool.

I did the live sound for a band many years ago where one of their songs was something like this. Imagine my reaction when they said "Oh, for the next one we unplug all our guitars and play a percussion thing by touching the jacks with our thumbs. Stick some delays and reverbs on there and make it really loud and annoying".

The range between "undetectably soft crackle" and "woofer-ripping ear-shattering explosion" is very small...

Good effort! I love it!

Just beautiful. Develops like a living, breathing entity, and does it with a belligerent grace.

Don't worry about getting stuck when you've got things like this brewing - when in doubt, do something completely different. "Categories strain, crack and sometimes break, under their burden - step out of the space provided."

Thank you sir, may I have another?

Blimey, thats a bit nuts. Filthy, made my flatmate think I was playing an old Spectrum shoot em up or something :hihi: 8)

i wasn't sure where your musical boundaries lay, so it was good to find out :)

Good aural ruckus

Jim

been busy,but glad i took five mins to check kvr before bed 8)
this is a fine step back into the auditorium :)

good to see it,keep it coming now 8)

Very interesting use of cable plugging noise. I like it :)

Nice. I wonder if you still have the original samples that you used for this? I only have about three pedals and I fear my ground loop would not be so phat.

Well I'll try to make my own anyway. Sorry for leaching off your idea.

:-o

:wink: Much craziness mr Rabbytster man!

great track, whyterabbit...I liked it's under-the-skin pulse and affect

Sounds very good, sounds very gritty...but pleasent at the same time :D

Im in the proccess of using sampled guitar "hits" for FAWM to do a song, i had the same idea as what your doing but a bit more rythmical. Its amasing wat sounds i could get out of hitting a bass string with a drum stick :hihi:

WoJ

Genetic_Junk wrote:Nice. I wonder if you still have the original samples that you used for this? I only have about three pedals and I fear my ground loop would not be so phat.

Well I'll try to make my own anyway. Sorry for leaching off your idea.
I possibly do. Easy enough to grab out of the Sonar project anyways.

And, thanks for reviving this track over a year later ;)
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Music Cafe”