Krim+Putte+303's [Complete Version]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Correct Version :wink:

Everything I Want 192kps

duration: 6:27

Ok, so basically, the mad hun was asked to send me some vocals. I gave him some old lyrics of mine, and he very swiftly sent them back, with the info that they were recorded to a 121BPM track.

Now, who the feck uses 121BPM? Anyway, what he failed to tell me was, he read the lyrics at great speed, didnt use a pop shield, let the backing track bleed into the vox, and generally put as much sibilance on it as he could muster.

This left me with no alternative but to pull out my big guns....the VOCODERS!

So, i stretched the vox to 125%, spent a whole day slicing to fit the tune, and eventually settled for 4 layers of vocals. 1 with delay, 1 with reverse reverb, and 2 diff vocoded tracks.

Basically the track was finished, but the end section was lacking some musical lustre, and the strings i had laid down didnt really do it for me, so my old buddy from up north was called in to help. Donkey Tugger to the rescue! And rescue he certainly did, with his super tarnce string ensemble MIDI file, the track was now complete.

This track kinda goes back to my old style, 303/909 acid, but at a lower tempo, 126BPM, so its quite bouncy

Thanks to Putte and Donks, and i hope you all enjoy the track

The players:

Orion Platinum

Tau 2
Monobass
impOSCa x2
MiniMonster (early beta)
NuSofting Astrobelt
WaspXT
Sampler - Great Strings
Sampler - Strings DXS Super Orchestra
DrumRack x3
XR-909 -Main Hats

FX:
Waldorf D-Pole
Classic Chorus x2
Floorfish (vox)
mdaRoundPan

nah, can't be arsed...

wheres the vocals on this one?

I can't hear a bassline.

no drums? :?

Righty, listening as I type. Not excited by the beginning but you've got some lovely noises going on in this once it gets going. Nice vox from the hun. Like the little plinky EP-ish bits. Beats feel nice and punchy and very you.

erm, well done :)

VERY GOOD! :shock:

Just one thing kinda annoys me, the 303 bass line. For some reasons it sounds too "Amiga" to me. :hihi:

Wk

everytime I get halfway through the phone rings!
first time, it was the wife :love:
second time it was the lady who prepares our tax, and we're getting a good chunk of money back
:love:
should I listen again and hope for another call?
sounds cool, what I've heard so far!

Aye quality, what do you have the imposcars doing? the non 303y bass? I'm still in love with imposcar, but everything I do with it sounds like underworld, but shite :( 8) :hihi: :D

Vox are absolutely awesome, perhaps too quiet, only thing i'd change is maybe break from the 303y line a bit more, or vary it so it goes up a bit, josh wink stylee.

Good work fellas

J

i ain´t no robot! .. :lol:

this is oldschool, superb anyway, maybe BECAUSE of it :D

but yeah, the robot could be louder.

Sounded just a tiny bit bass heavy here, otherwise a great track!

Wicked stuff. Vocals are good. Builds up nicely at the end. Like the xylophone/keys that come in halfway.

putte wrote:i ain´t no robot! .. :lol:

You aint no vocalist either :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”