Tribute to Mellotron

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Yikes, I really like these. For KVR these are quite er um ...musical! Congrats, but maybe keep a few of them as instrumentals. Some people really like instrumentals... :oops:
Pythagorean perennialist.

gizmo wrote:Yikes, I really like these. For KVR these are quite er um ...musical! Congrats, but maybe keep a few of them as instrumentals. Some people really like instrumentals... :oops:
They will all stay instrumental too, I just want to do some B sides (because I prefer instrumentals too) of some of the songs, getting rid of the lead instruments in some places.

Anyway I'm very pleased you liked them :oops:

Quality stuff. Wow!

You really have some talent and skill to be able to pop stuff like this out so quickly. Damn you! :tantrum:

Wait... What's this?! :lol:

Love the website too.

It's full of content but yet still very bare

That stuff is really cool Matthew.

Some of it makes me think of a smokey French cabaret in the 30's.

I never knew the mellotron had those kind of sounds.

I wonder why no one did stuff like that when the mellotron was in it's heyday.

toine6 wrote:Quality stuff. Wow!

You really have some talent and skill to be able to pop stuff like this out so quickly. Damn you! :tantrum:
I have been playing piano 3 hours a day since the last 15 years, it does help :)

Woah woah, just woah. Love the sounds of it. You really should have made the M-Tron demo instead of the piece of soapshite on the Gmedia site.

I never knew the M-Tron was this good, now i have to get it.

Wonderful stuff, gonna keep them all if you don't mind :D

Hellbilly wrote:Woah woah, just woah. Love the sounds of it. You really should have made the M-Tron demo instead of the piece of soapshite on the Gmedia site.

I never knew the M-Tron was this good, now i have to get it.

Wonderful stuff, gonna keep them all if you don't mind :D
Well Gmedia can use them all if they want, they're under a Creative Commons License. So get them, keep them, and even listen to them :) :) :)

Reminds me of the Pink Panther the first tune on your site. Great stuff.

Ok, last one for the moment, too tired and drunk to do anything serious, and anyway I've done the 12 I expected to do, so here is the bonus track (very quickly done, sorry!)
Too late to stop

Ok, so I think I'll take a break from all this mellotron stuff, my mind is getting stuck :(

Very cool! It has a Serge Gainsbourg vibe in a way. 8)

The first track really hooked me, so I've downloaded them all for further enjoyment. Thanks!

Bravo! Absolute applause!

I love what you've done. There's a whimsical campiness with some of the songs that makes me smile! :D 8)

Gmedia should tale note!

Are you using the tape bank add-ons, or just the stock sounds?

Phil

I don't get it. How is this all mellotron? I hear drums and guitar.

Perhaps my understanding of a mellotron is off base.

Really cool stuff though. :D

Some of the original Mellotron tape banks were recordings of a complete band, sliced up so you could strike a different note and take the "band" into another key. Think of it as looping in the past. :)

Ahh see, you learn something new everyday.

Return to “Music Cafe”