I'll Bow Out, Too.

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

griels wrote:Wow, excellent stuff Geeseaplenty... Maybe a few sharp digital edges on the mix i'd prefer were more analogue flavoured, but a great song and good production.
digital edges???

analogue flavourings???

some kind of of jath speak no doubt :?

Kriminal wrote:
griels wrote:Wow, excellent stuff Geeseaplenty... Maybe a few sharp digital edges on the mix i'd prefer were more analogue flavoured, but a great song and good production.
digital edges???

analogue flavourings???

Glad I'm not the only one to find that rather high brow..

:hihi:

Sicklecell666 wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
digital edges???

analogue flavourings???

tis the stuff legends are made of :hihi:
direct links to tracks are easier geesa btw ;)

not really my thing but a nice production nonetheless :)

not really my thing but a nice production nonetheless :)
Thanks vurt. I appreciate that.

Interesting.
Normally I hate falsetto male voices. This one goes very well with the song.
IMHO the drums are a tiny bit to loud for that kind of music.
Still, a very production.

Rony

Interesting.
Normally I hate falsetto male voices. This one goes very well with the song.
IMHO the drums are a tiny bit to loud for that kind of music.
Still, a very production.

Rony
Thanks, Rony. Glad I've gotten so much possitive feedback on my falsetto. It's very encouraging.

Impressive. The jazzy poplike feel reminds me of David Sylvian.

I really like this. superb stuff geesea...

You've got a good voice too...

I love your drums too.. I love them in Gulliame too.. but they just as good in here. Are they programmed? BFD?

Ben

Sicklecell666 wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
digital edges???

analogue flavourings???

Don't be selling me no wolf cookies, my egregious jive boy!

I just meant the high mids sounded sort of harsh and an analogue-modelling compressor would help smooth off the sharper edges :)

You dig, my pusillanimous homies?
Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.

griels wrote: Don't be selling me no wolf cookies, my egregious jive boy!

I just meant the high mids sounded sort of harsh and an analogue-modelling compressor would help smooth off the sharper edges :)

did understand a word of that?

Very, very nice. I think you could even get away with more grit in the electric piano. Nice bounce in the track and it definitely has a good form.

If forced to make a negative comment, I'd say you could lose the scratches as they may ultimately date the song. I've used 'em before, too, but always regret it on some level after a few months.

I love your drums too.. I love them in Gulliame too.. but they just as good in here. Are they programmed? BFD?

Ben
Thanks Ben. Those drums are from the antiquated but still useful DFH 1, if you can believe it. This song pushes it to its limits and I don't believe I can get any more expressive than that track without exposing the "cannedness." I'm determined to keep pushing it, however.
Very, very nice. I think you could even get away with more grit in the electric piano. Nice bounce in the track and it definitely has a good form.

If forced to make a negative comment, I'd say you could lose the scratches as they may ultimately date the song. I've used 'em before, too, but always regret it on some level after a few months.
Thanks, Shane. I'm gonna experiment with the dirt on the e-piano. I'll also lose that "scratch" sound. Surprisingly, I didn't even mean to go for that effect. It was a sitar patch going through Phatsync (a step filter) and me doing a two-octave downward pitch bend, with some delay of course. No vinyl or scratching plug-in was used for that effect.

I'm glad you made me notice that's exactly what it sounds like!

griels wrote:

Don't be selling me no wolf cookies, my egregious jive boy!

shut yo mouth! :hihi:

Beautiful; well done. I don't know how many of the changes promised have been made as of my listening, so maybe there was more that needed fixing before, but it doesn't seem so now. Who knows...

This is brilliant in a lot of ways. The vocals are superb, the drum programming, synth parts, arrangement, engineering... all working together to distinguish this piece.

I don't know what a spider is. If it's still there, I'm not bothered by it. My favorite thing is the bell-like synth line we hear at 0:32. Except for that great falsetto "I don't imagine that you will" hook. Your "lower" register is nothing to sneeze at either. It has an edgy vulnerability; present yet fragile. Gorgeous!

I love that mixposure plays the track over and over. I'm listening over and over.

Peace.
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 1340 reviews each day!

Please elaborate on what DFH-1 is for drums.

Are these pre-recorded drums, a soundfont or sampleset, or something else. They may be dated, but the playing/programming is superb.

Funky EP is nice as well - I might double it with a clav instead of adding dirt to the EP - try the clav in the plugsound free VSTi if you have it.

-Scott

Return to “Music Cafe”