Say, have you listened to Digilord yet?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jack Dark presents Digilord.

I created this song in homage to the great Richard James and his Analord series. I tried to envision what it would of sounded like if Rich went neo instead of retro with the releases. Hopefully it'll sound -somewhat- like Aphex Twin as I really tried to make f**ked up IDM instead of my usual synthclashy-pop stuff. A pleasant diversion that you may or may not like depending on your IDM history. XOXOS' Steam all over the place, a MiniMonsta solo, oh, and the drums are Papergoosed to hell and back. ;)

Downloadable here:

http://www.jackdark.net/JACK%20DARK%20-%20DIGILORD.MP3

If you give it a listen please let me know what you think. :)
Last edited by JackDark on Fri Mar 25, 2005 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Not quite the master of harmonics that aphex twin is. Nor the drum programing skills but interesting none the less.

Oh no I'm not claiming to be as good by any stretch, just influenced by on this particular track.

Why does your bottom sparkle?

you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

aah. they didn't like that.

pure music.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I get a bit lost on the rhythm as it seems to drift somewhat (rush / drag ... 5/4 timing?) , but I like the tones you've used and the way the whole evolved by slowly adding different parts. I think it's a pretty cool piece. 8)

xoxos wrote:Image
Yes this is definitly of EM411 flavor. Trick is getting 'em to listen.

That's a hard trick apparently. :roll:

Landphil wrote:I get a bit lost on the rhythm as it seems to drift somewhat (rush / drag ... 5/4 timing?) , but I like the tones you've used and the way the whole evolved by slowly adding different parts. I think it's a pretty cool piece. 8)
The rhythm was mutilated purposely using random time stretching, so don't feel like it's your fault, it's mine. :lol: Thank you for the compliment!

didn't relly react to it like that.. i'm so stoned that anythnig is just like "okay.." love it.. like it's trying to evolve into something liek that old john carpenter movie with the tanks

it was a picture of a puppy i found in the chase ;)

Errr... do you mean The Thing?

this is a pretty good track. I find richard james extremely intimidating as a musician. I think you definitely have potential to be that intimidating. listened to some of your other stuff as well. :nutter: I mean all this as a compliment.

Thanks Tuz for the compliment! I know what you mean by intimidating... first time I saw the Come To Daddy video I peed on my cat.

JackDark wrote:Thanks Tuz for the compliment! I know what you mean by intimidating... first time I saw the Come To Daddy video I peed on my cat.
Am I the only one who found that video hilarious?

not yet but i am now,back soon with comments

dunno if its cos you and xoxos mentioned it but im gettin the thing type imagery too 8)
maybe its the skunk hehe
added to the file :D

Return to “Music Cafe”