Dolphin's Whail [or how epics grow)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After updating the hardware I figured trying something completely softsynth again. But I'm stuck in two ways; it does need some variations and different patterns, but mostl of all I'm hitting the CPU top.

eXt running three sequences: STS17/z3ta/plugsoundfree/drumatic/and some recorded audio
FX: soooo many, but mainly filterscape, nyquist, endorphin and blockfish (and a few odd ones more)

The recording is a live one; controlling the sounds with the knobbox.

Dolphin's Whail
160 kbs/5,6Mb/4,55 min

So should I pursue this or perhaps someone has some idea's to work this out as a collab or add some lines to it?
Last edited by mystahr on Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Downloading now Mark. I have to go out for a bit, but when I come back I will give a listen and let you know what I think. 8)

It's different I think. then again not so different too :?

Blimey, I actually quite like that! Get some f**king guitars and bass on there, would almsot sound a bit Joy Divisiontastic (well, more like early New Order - the riff reminds me a bit of one of the tracks from power corruption and lies)

:-o

donkey tugger wrote:Blimey, I actually quite like that! Get some f**king guitars and bass on there, would almsot sound a bit Joy Divisiontastic (well, more like early New Order - the riff reminds me a bit of one of the tracks from power corruption and lies)
That shook me off my feet in a very nice way :D

Digesting your idea's here and quite liking them

not feelin the tonal stuf atm but the gleek sounds and splashes are slippy
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

This is very nice Mark, definately needs to be pushed further. I agree with Donks that a guitar on here would be a good thing although I would disagree on the type of guitar. I am thinking more on the lines of something that a David Torn might do.
I will play around with my guitar see if I can add anything to this. Can't promise it will be usable, not played my guitar much lately, but I am willing to give it a try. 8)

hey Mystahr, I think its very different, cool sounds , like Art of Noise stuff,,
had some thoughts of a progression, but second listen they didn't fit, so maybe something comes to me on third time...

Love those broken mp3 glitching tones. This has a woozy ebb and flow which it's easy to get sucked into.

xoxos wrote:not feelin the tonal stuf atm but the gleek sounds and splashes are slippy
8)

Soniccat wrote:This is very nice Mark, definately needs to be pushed further. I agree with Donks that a guitar on here would be a good thing although I would disagree on the type of guitar. I am thinking more on the lines of something that a David Torn might do.
I will play around with my guitar see if I can add anything to this. Can't promise it will be usable, not played my guitar much lately, but I am willing to give it a try. 8)
Perfect Bruce, thanks 8)

I'll be interested to hear what you may come up with. Although I have no idea who David Torn is.

avant guitarists who does alot of looping and weird glitchy noises on guitar.

http://www.splattercell.com/

8)

vtx wrote:hey Mystahr, I think its very different, cool sounds , like Art of Noise stuff,,
had some thoughts of a progression, but second listen they didn't fit, so maybe something comes to me on third time...
Thanks man; as for the progression part; it is yet open as this is just a rough sketch. Nothing has been midified yet in the sence of structure or build as it is only a 4 beat sequence right now. The tempo and sounds as they are are a given.

I'd be interested though for any additions could come and mix this finally into a big track

cron wrote:Love those broken mp3 glitching tones. This has a woozy ebb and flow which it's easy to get sucked into.
And that I guess is the not so different part of the track :D

Thanks man;

This track is mostly influenced by the Intricate Maximals CD btw 8)

[edit]and inspired by Cluster Balm's 1.0 [/edit]
Last edited by mystahr on Sat Apr 02, 2005 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Music Cafe”