It's My Turn, industrialesque song, opinions welcome

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

3 listens & still does the Biz..You're not half as dense as you seem to be..

:uhuhuh:

I'm keeping my eye on you now. :troll:

haha, I'm not sure if I know what you mean...

surprise, surprise..

:hihi:

That trance lead seems to find its way into many ppl's music. It's a satisfying dark place I like to go to sometimes. This was a pleasant trip. These are the best vocals I've heard from you. You've reached a new level.

Did ya forget to make this a free MP3 DL, or do we have to pay for it?

I guess it's cause it's not finished. Do ya mind if I rip a copy?

first of all, thanks a lot for listening, androidlove, and for your words. Very glad to hear your opinion about my voice and the song in general.
Did ya forget to make this a free MP3 DL, or do we have to pay for it?
of course nobody has to pay for it, first because nobody would pay for it, and anyway because for me music is 100% pleasure. It's just that the version isn't definitive but I'm gonna shorten it a bit and add some things, but when it will be definitive of course I'll make it a free mp3 together with the rest of the album.

Yeah, I liked it too. It reminds me a little of Swans, maybe? There's a static noise feeling to the high end sometimes - intentional? Good song. I'll listen again a little later to see if it holds up. Thanks.
Rakkervoksen

vocals sound kinda weird. Like digital poodle, or early FLA. kinda corny. I like the grungy static driven drums, and the kinda weird thereminny thingie. Song seems a bit long tho. :(
don't be a sheep

Sickle wrote:You're not half as dense as you seem to be..
origami wrote:haha, I'm not sure if I know what you mean...
Sickle wrote:surprise, surprise..

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It reminds me a little of Swans, maybe?
never heard them...not even by name :o thanks for listening!
Like digital poodle, or early FLA.
yeah it's possible. not my main influences vut I've listened to FLA a lot in the past. only heard one digital poddle song. But that was the style of singing I wanted to achieve on this song, yes.
Song seems a bit long tho.
I agree. i want to shorten it, it's just that I'm not sure how yet.

thanks a lot for listening and stating your opinions, guys. it would be great to hear your opinions on the other song Sinner and Liar; you're free to listen to my whole latest cd 'Echoes of the Inside' too.

origami wrote:it would be great to hear your opinions on the other song Sinner and Liar
Like I said, It's My Turn reaches a new level. I'd shoot for more like it.

Did that make sense?

Nice. Falls somewhere between F242, FLA, and maybe just a touch of Depeche Mode, but in a good way. :) What are you doing to the vocals? They're quite understandable while still being interestingly distorted.
Don't do it my way.

Nice. Falls somewhere between F242, FLA, and maybe just a touch of Depeche Mode, but in a good way.

Hi Borogove, thanks for listening, mate!. Those are really some of my influences actually. Depeche Mode was the band I grew up listening to, about 15 years ago. Front 242 is also one of my favourite bands, and I appreciate some FLA material as well.
What are you doing to the vocals? They're quite understandable while still being interestingly distorted.
that's the key. I don't like those bands who distort their voices so much it becomes undecipherable. I usually add effects to my voice, but I still like it to feel natural. On this song, I've used more effects than usual. The effects used are the following and following this order: FL reverb (just a bit), FL Fast Distortion, FL high band filter, FiltSeq (to panoramise filtering), and a free octaver I downloaded time ago; on the speaking part I used KT Granulator.

thanks for listening

Return to “Music Cafe”