april contest ... RULES & SUBMISSIONS

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey everyone! It's been awhile since I've done one of these gosh-durn contests but here it goes...

http://www.yagushi.com/mp3/KvR/2005_04_22_Yagushi.mp3

The title of this track is "A Shared Affinity for National Geographic"... it was intended to be the ending theme/closing credits for this wretched video short in my Video Production II class at beautiful UH Manoa. My group positively ruined the script I wrote (it was supposed to be absurd comedy but they turned it a freakin' soap opera!) so I don't want them tainting my music as well! :x :o :x :o (Some things in life just can't be done by committee without turning to utter shite...) Not that this piece is anything special but I hope they find another piece of music to use... :wink:

ahhhh....Spring is in the air, flowers are blooming, bees are buzzing and uncle sam comes to collect.

TaxMan

Yes, it's a beatles cover. Yes, I wish I had more time. Nonetheless, Enjoy :).
Anti-aliasing is for "synthmonk%ys".

Oh well what the heck here goes...

Being that here in the north we have many hesitant beginnings to the true spring with some parrallel dischordant aspects... I have conjured up a sectioned or split flow of interruptions and various spartant restarts that ends in a suggestively but not necessarily positive note that could be but may not be the real sring...with an uncertain yet promissing mood....

Genre is experimental (good excuse for the mistakes...)

http://peppy.audioshot.net/05-04-Peppy1 ... prings.mp3

allen

Well, I didn't do quite what I wanted with this song, but it's nice to get back into the contest.

Blossom by Blossom

on the old plum tree
blossom by blossom
the spring thaw is born

pure white plum blossoms
slowly begin to turn
the color of dawn

First verse is by Hattori Ransetsu (1654-1707); second is by Buson Yosa (1715-1783). Used without permission :wink:

springbeat

Hope you like it.

A ironic cit

KevIsizu - Plastic Compressed Deconstructed SPriNG

http://www.kevinside.com/tempaudio/apri ... Spring.mp3

enjoy

K.

I wasn't sure I was going to get one in, but here it is:

Agua Fria

Here in Michigan, as I type, we are getting snow. Hopefully, on Monday, the sun will shine, and we will have Cold Water, or Agua Fria (I think, if my Tarzan's Spanish is correct) trickling off the rooftops, through the fields, and in the streams. Hopefully, we'll have warmer weather soon.

Sequencer used: Tracktion
Plugins-Instruments: Mr. Ray's Electric Piano, Triangle II, SR-202 drum machine
Plugins - Effects: Luxonix, Bionic Delay, Classic Compressor, Classic Chorus, Classic Delay, Voxengo tube amp simulator
Instruments that were played by my hands instead of my midi data: Larrivee L-03-E Acoustic Guitar, SX SPJ-62 bass guitar
Some percussion loops used as well.

Hope you like it. Please forgive the bass playing - I've been playing only 5 months or so.

-Scott

hmmmnnn ... a bit late but submission time is over ...

(since it was entirely my fault im going to allow the 'late' entries this time)

slainte :oops: rob

Return to “Music Cafe”