I'm addicted to Minimalism! [ultra acoustic]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Okay, I've been gradually getting more and more simple in my production. This is about the lowest common denominator. Me and a guitar. I had loops, piano, and a shaker, but decided to lose them all. I'll probably add more stuff eventually, but I really like the simplicity of this. Am I an idiot?

Here's a little context: I went to a memorial service for a guy I didn't know a few weeks ago. I was asked to play the piano. Anyway, it was a really sweet service and folks said lots of nice things about him. It really made me want that kind of service when I go. Anyway, this song came out of it.

Hope you dig.

Ballad of Jon Turner

yea i'm into the mountain goats right now, he just sings and plays the guitar at least on the two albums i have(i think they are mountain goat albums where more than two intruments are present.)

cool track

plunge wrote: but I really like the simplicity of this. Am I an idiot?
Hope you dig.
I did :D and you are by no means an idiot, the simplicity works great :wink: Very Nick Drake to my ears, and that's no bad thing imo. Good song indeed.
RIP Black Tom and Beckett. They weren't just cats, they were MY cats, the best cats ever.

You are the male Traci Chapman!

Well done! :clown:

.... man, this is great. I wish I could write songs like this. Beautiful performance. You sing like ... :love:

You are certainly no idiot.

Very nice track plunge. Your singing is great and there's nothing wrong with only guitar+voice songs. Slight variations in the guitar playing would make it even more interresting
If I go insane, please don't put your wires in my brain

Oh no no no adding more stuff! It's perfect! Beautiful song! Amazing voice! Love it!

Ok, reached my !-quota now.

good song. reminds me of Jack Johnson.
jeremywentworth.com - music and software

Big respect plunge.
This sounds like it comes from the heart and it finds the heart of the listener directly, bypassing the brain. Great performance. 8)

great song...simple is good - just ask the shakers

Genetic Junk - Thanks! I've never heard of the Mountain Goats. Should check it out.

Ian B - Still hoping to buy my first Nick Drake album. I think someone else compared my stuff to him. Did like what I heard on Amazon, though. Thanks!

toine6 - Ooh, male Traci Chapman. I actually said that to a guy a couple months ago about his stuff. I meant it as a big compliment, so I'll take it in kind. ;)

mman - Thank you!

zeoy - Hehe. Yeah, if I knew what I was doing I would probably add a little guitar variation. Someday.... ;) Thanks.

pekadan - Thanks! Very kind! !

jeremy13 - Jack Johnson - more company I'm not worthy of, but thanks. :)

Patrick9 - Gracias. To the heart, bypassing the brain... Your review is more poetic than my song. :) I like that.

mayan wrote:great song...simple is good - just ask the shakers
:lol: :lol:

First I thought you said "simple is good - just add the shakers. Probably made me laugh more because of that. :D

or you can simply shake the adders

it's funny how one can tell from the first second that it's a plunge song..... your guitar sound is very distinctive....

super top song...

nice and intimate.... wish I had the guts to do intimate mixes like that...

really cool

:love:

plunge wrote:Jack Johnson - more company I'm not worthy of, but thanks. :)
and btw forget about being unworthy of such analogys.... you definitly have it going on...

seems like you are catching up with resonance in my kvrtastecharts - this song gets you pretty close

Return to “Music Cafe”