Technoïd / experimental collaboration work

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Unlike the two last post i've made last few days on the cafe, that where mainly influenced by prog rock, this is the result of a collaboration done with a friend of mine with a rare artistic potential despite a, so to say, very bad karma

Let me tell you the case : 14 times into hospital because of severe mental ilness troubles...and no chance until the end of his days to ever stop a heavy medical treatment notoriously invalidating for an artist considering the strongly obstructive action these drugs intend to have toward imagination and sensitivity

My contribution to his work, apart from a personnal support, has concerned the share of most of my sound designing work and other practical contribution on his DAW.

These are two compositions/improvisations initially made by him, ( alone or sometimes together ), on his configuration, then i worked on this first premix and experiment some effect's automations on a whole stereo mix, some additionnal arrangement and, at least final sizing and mastering

The first one's called "The steam machine"

http://www.anak-krakatoa.net/~downl/Steam.mp3

The second one's called "Under the sun"

http://www.anak-krakatoa.net/~downl/under.mp3

Both around 6M download

In short : you may notice some Phatmatik pro arrangements ( guitar and brass on "under the sun" ) some of the "Ethnosphere" rompler ( "under the sun") and some VL70 Physical model synth ( "under the sun ) among other tough insanity

I'll tell a few more later if needed, ( just because that actually have to take care of my daughter )

no one to give it a try ?

cool! sounds very interesting! :-o

Steam:beats, power-mood, lead=wow.

Under:less changes, more alternation, great piano cornering, great brass solo (what the hell is that?), weird/unhappy mood=wow again.

sum of wows=congrats to you and the troubled pal, thanx for sharing.

hoping to hear more.

Listened to both tracks; 'The Steam Machine' really works for me big time from 2:20 onwards. 'Under The Sun' was the best of the two; I loved how the panning, verb and fx messed with my head and it just has a great funk sound, with lots of little touches; guitar, piano, synthy leads - just excellent.

Thanks for the sum of positive comment

waiting man : the brass where from an original audiofile treated through Phatmatik Pro ( as well as the guitar parts ) with a detailed work on MIDi editing

koorby : the panning effects are due to a stereo phaser ( the one in Logic ) applied to the whole original file as discreely as possible,

...an excellent plug IMO, transparent, but i regret there 's no synced LFO on it, on that ground the ohm force's mobilohm seems very promising for me, but for such a purpose, this one would be to intensively colouring a whole mix

I like a lot this effect, reminds of sounds coming through the wind from far away...or the mirages created by the heat on a road ...under the sun !

Return to “Music Cafe”