Brian Evenson with Xingu Hill and Tamarin recommendation

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

pardon me if I've already posted about this on here (suffering from the flu and the head is addled); anyway; my current fave is
Brian Evenson with Xingu Hill and Tamarin on Germany's Ant-Zen; #159; http://ant-zen.com if you want to check out more info; basically, it's the author (evenson) reading excerpts from his visceral stories (think csi's autopsy scenes meets a magic-removed-clive-barker meets a better version of alien3 to start) over backing from xingu hill and tamarin (who's got a collabo album forthcoming with merzbow). i was lucky enough to hear a live preview of this when i brought xingu hill to halifax with szkieve last august and the finished result is awesome, especially on headphones. really makes spoken word come alive. i'm also looking forward to the forthcoming monolake album, especially to see how it sounds with them being back to a duo (rob henke's working regularly with t+++ in the studio and live now). andrew

Got your email about this - sounds interesting. Although XH's past recordings didn't do very much for me I'll check this one out.

I bought this album when it first came out, and I think its pretty good; I've always liked Evenson. I hope that this isn't a one time thing because I want more...
?

Return to “Music Cafe”