may contest ... GOSSIP

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Beardedone wrote:I am not looking at the voting until the results are in. If anyone did vote for me then thanks so much. I will catch you later.

Cheers,
Gordon
Wow. A master of restraint. I look in two or three times a minute ;)
Rakkervoksen

Last time I did that I was wasting hours here at work. Not good!

You™ wrote:I don't enjoy whittling down the choices to vote. There's so many songs I want to endorse... Oh well... I would like to tell you all that over the weekend, we threw a fine canndlelit evening buffet and garden party whilst playing the entire May playlist throughout the affair as background music. The guests were delighted at the variety and quality of songs.

swimming pool, sauna, room for a pony?

let me guess.. onslow showed up in his usual attire and topped off on the buffet, hyacinth got upset over it and managed to screw things up, and as a result someone landed on the buffet table..

I'll join the fun...

Thank you Pheeleep, Farlukar, Thimk Tamk, Coldnews, aieda_cin, g200kg, softegg and Miro for the votes...

And thank you j_T, slartibartfast, Peel and Barnadine for the HMs.

Anyway,
I'm with those who said this month was weak in comparison with previous months, but there were still many great entries, and it was hard for me to vote. My list was about two or three times as big as the vote list so I skipped the HM's. So, congratulations to all of you who didn't make it in the voting for me. You were probably just a little behind 10th place.

Thanks for votes, HMs and reviews. You all know who you are :)
Most of all, thanks to all who enter the contest, keeping us on our toes and providing such marvels of instant bite sized art and entertainment.

On to make a hit. Mega hit. Million dollar seller. The one that will secure me a record deal with a big company. And get their talent scout fired :D
Rakkervoksen

right. thanks for the votes, the listens, and all of the comments and reviews.. I've read all the posts here related and we all know who we are :P

(I hope :o)

Thanks to

VitaminD for the review and the vote
Techbot for the review
Ixox for the vote

Really ... too kind :D

Regards,

Tommy

My appologees for not voting and still entering. A first and a last :oops:

Donk, Remco, You(tm) congrats!

0505_Scamme_corns.mp3:

pumping and lively... though it needs work on blending from part to part.. background effects and effects (delay, reverb etc) would really make it all gel better...

builds to an ending.. I mean it builds and builds then the song stops.. its like building up near a climax, then pulling out and going to have a sandwich?

0505_niko_may_i.mp3:

swirling torent of murky bass and odd moaning..

at least this entry has a goal or point to it.. a theme if you will. after this one gets going its not so bad.. your vocals sound as if they were recorded in a booth though.. or at least externally from the rest of the song - they dont blend well sonically with the song.. too spacey and reverberous in comparison to the actual music imo. but then again thats just my little opinion :P

Thanks a lot, Katanaman for #3 vote.

Wow. I almost made it into the top 10!
I came in #13. Thankyou. :D
I think that is really good considering when I started a year an a half ago I sometimes recieved no votes at all.
I think this shows that if you stick with it, you will learn and you will get better.
So for anybody who scored low, stick with it and don't give up, even if you get low scores and harsh reviews. You will get better if you just keep trying.

I would like to thank everyone who voted for me.
I dont need to list names. I know who you are and I can't thank you enough.
This was my best month ever and I owe it all to you.
Thanks again.
G.
You cant depend on a lot of things
You need a busload of faith to get by.

Col.G wrote: I think that is really good considering when I started a year an a half ago I sometimes recieved no votes at all.
I think this shows that if you stick with it, you will learn and you will get better.
!? You give me the impression of having done this for ever. You have a very distinct voice (and I mean more than just your singing voice. You have your own style or attitude or whatever - voice...) and you're not afraid to try stuff. I thought you were a long time regular and quite confident.

Well well. Surprises. Cool. Keep it up. I'm right impressed with what you do.
Rakkervoksen

Hovmod wrote:
Col.G wrote: I think that is really good considering when I started a year an a half ago I sometimes recieved no votes at all.
!? You give me the impression of having done this for ever. You have a very distinct voice (and I mean more than just your singing voice. You have your own style or attitude or whatever - voice...) and you're not afraid to try stuff. I thought you were a long time regular and quite confident.

Well well. Surprises. Cool. Keep it up. I'm right impressed with what you do.
Hi Hovmod,
I started entering the KvR monthly contest a year and a half ago.
I've been a half assed musician my whole life.
I started working with comupter music about 4 years ago. So I am kinda new to this.
Thanks for your vote and for your support.
I really appreciate it,
G.
You cant depend on a lot of things
You need a busload of faith to get by.

Return to “Music Cafe”