Symphonic Electronica: "A Highway of Memories"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Greetings, it's been a while but I thought I'd post this to see what you all think. You seem to be a pretty good crowd. I wrote this track on my day off work, therefore, I'd appreciate your feedback especially on the mixing aspects of the track.

My Band Page

The drums are fast but minimalistic and are designed for little more than the help the feel of the ambience. I designed them to sound muffled and dirty. With the word "textures" in mind, I used the VST "String Threory" to produce the windy, bouncy background noises that I harmonize with various chords. Enjoy, and as always, any feedback would be greatly appreciated whatsoever.
Audio-s

I'll keep my comments to the song in question, but I can't resist saying that the rest of your stuff is very good as well.

As for Highway, your mixing is spot on. I might bring the strings up a little higher or layer them to make them sound thicker. Could be a result of SoundClick's poor audio quality. Your piano work is steallar and I like the way the piano dances around the rythmn. When the non-muffled drums come in at 3:30, I'd cross fade them so as the muffled drums are leaving, the clean drums are arriving. I've been using a trick as of late that I'll share with you: I assign all the drums to the mixer and then turn up the sends (at least 1) for each of those channels. It gives the drums a little more power without distorting them or changing the sound too much. Try it if you haven't already.

Keep 'em coming.

S-graph
I Agree to these terms and am over or exactly 13 years of age
http://www.spirographonline.com
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/8/spirographmusic.htm

Thanks for your words. Excellent advice on the drum sends; I will try that. Before you replied, updated the MP3 - it now has a much need dynamic: an acoustic guitar. Hope to have some feedback on it.
Audio-s

the strings work well. i'm not feeling the acoustic guitar so much. if it was more realistic sounding, to match the relatively higher realism of the piano, it might work better. just a thought. i like that soft lowpass synth sound. pretty cool track.

Return to “Music Cafe”