Trance Tune

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi mate, I had a listen, its not the sort of Trance I usually listen to, but some overall feedback to give;

I lost interest very quick at the start, too much of the same going on for over a minute, I was waiting for snares, rides, different hi hats, sound fx, loops, to come in at the end of every other bar, to keep the interest going but then Im used to the more commercial style.

IF, this is how the tracks are, which im pretty sure it is with long mixes of tracks, then you've done a top job for this style of Trance, I liked the melody in the middle. I would probably only say the pad is a little weak, maybe add another octave for more 'bottom end'.

Again, just my own views so by NO means to be taken as criticism, Overall is a good track :)

Thanx SeanyK.Thanx ketillien. :)

All freqs in the uppermidrange and beyond are harsely overdriven sounding.This is not a pleasant sound as I would expect from this style of trance.

I would try to do more separate sounds/instrument introductions...and build the piece that way.
By introducing sounds as it builds...gives the inpressionistic style of "waiting for it".This is a popular technique of much trance.(edit below)
You are "pulling out all your guns" almost from the start...for the most part.
Build you rhythm parts more subtlely over time to a point where it comes to it`s high peak for a bar or two...then insert your break and re-build another way as you bring in your lead melody and stabilized hard groove.Or some variance of that.

Try to work the volume gain along with this build.
Your beginning volume is good...but as it progresses,the other sounds seems to sound too compressed/over driven into the mix,not alowing them to breathe in the mix not giving them a seaparate identity.
The mastering seems seriously over limited.
Try to substitute the hard limiting/compression for more fader gain automation in the project mixer,and use compression/limiting more in the instrument channel slots that need it so to avoid having to hard compress/limit at the master buss so much or in a separate mastering application like "sound forge/wavelab".
This will help to open up the sounds.

As im listening to this as I write,I do now hear that your introducing sounds one after another...it`s happening rather quickly...maybe lengthening that out over time will help to make it more apparent...as well as dealing with volume dynamics better.

I think your piece is good...take some of these suggestions to mind ,and it may turn out better. ; )
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Hi annode ,thanks for your tips. You are right its a bit overdriven. I played mixed and mastered it very quickly to upload it and get some feedback.Three days later it seems to be another kind of sound . :? But I`m still working on it ,not only on the overall sound but on the music as well. :wink: thanks

Return to “Music Cafe”