Zappa inspired guitar madness

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Almost but not quite reminding me of a Heldon tune. Close enough to make me look like :phones: Maybe more of an obscure Fripp moment or . . . something.

Good stuff!

But I don't get the fixation on # of posts here. Is this some kind of fetish or something? Do you get a special decoder ring at 1,000, or maybe a special tattoo on the back of your neck? :shrug:

emdot_ambient wrote: Almost but not quite reminding me of a Heldon tune. Close enough to make me look like :phones: Maybe more of an obscure Fripp moment or . . . something.

Good stuff!
Thanks!

The inspiration was probably a distant memory of a Zappa song where this beautiful solo that went with the music perfectly was revealed to have been recorded at another time with a different song.

So I have long been on the lookout for something like this. It started unintentionally: I was working on something else entirely, but suddenly the wrong thing sounded right, and here we are.

Just to be clear, that is not me playing guitar. That is my band mate Charles. I just did the loops and the mangling and the editing and so on.
emdot_ambient wrote:But I don't get the fixation on # of posts here. Is this some kind of fetish or something? Do you get a special decoder ring at 1,000, or maybe a special tattoo on the back of your neck? :shrug:
I don't know either.

But it did provide a convenient excuse for a bump or two :hihi:

herodotus wrote:
emdot_ambient wrote:But I don't get the fixation on # of posts here?
I don't know either.
Bloody genius
:shock: Hang on . . .! I've got my own song on here that could use a bump . . . :hyper: :hihi:

emdot_ambient wrote:
herodotus wrote:
emdot_ambient wrote:But I don't get the fixation on # of posts here?
I don't know either.
Bloody genius
:shock: Hang on . . .! I've got my own song on here that could use a bump . . . :hyper: :hihi:
Ah, yes.

The cross bump.

An old kvr standby.

I'm checking it out now.

Very nice track, realy has an oldy-worldy vibe. now where are those magic mushrooms...

WoJ

WoJ wrote:Very nice track, realy has an oldy-worldy vibe. now where are those magic mushrooms...

WoJ
I wish I knew!

....sigh

Thanks for listening!

Of course, this thread should not be identified with the endorsement of any illegal acts.

The song is an instrumental, after all. It can mean whatever you want it to mean.

Or nothing at all.

or something...

Oh yes, i was just refering to the scientific study of said "magic mushrooms".

WoJ

WoJ wrote:Oh yes, i was just refering to the scientific study of said "magic mushrooms".

WoJ
Ah, Science!

Is there anything it can't do?

One more time!

Oh, and the guitar is a Guild.

slick mood. I like it.

Thanks Herodotus! This is the stuff I was hoping to hear tonight! :D :o

Cheers,
Gordon

hypnotic....

hey, thats my problem with my playing of guitar... I play it BACKWARDS....':cry:'

maybe if I turned it upside down....

kwac-
cause its good...

Shane Sanders wrote:slick mood. I like it.
Thanks!

Beardedone wrote:Thanks Herodotus! This is the stuff I was hoping to hear tonight
Thanks!

Return to “Music Cafe”