some classical piano for you all =)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is a classical piano piece I created in FL Studio useing the piano roll, not a midi controller. I used the maestro_concert_grand_v2 for the piano sample and SIR for the reverb :wink:

The song has a theme of being trapped in a maze of thoughts and emotions. I hope you all like this one, feedback much appreciated :)

Cyrosis - Maze of the Sapient Mind

http://www.crackingislife.com/music/Cyr ... 20Mind.mp3

well well well...enjoyed this *very* much :!:

from a compositorial view this is excellent...in fact it is so good that I have my doubts that you did it yourself and did not grab just a midi file... :D ...forgive me my mistrust. but composing such stuff and not owning a midi keyboard at least is a little discrepance. :wink:

partially it sounds a little bit mechanical...but for the fact that you did not touch a piano keyboard this is a very vivid work! tempo and expression etc...

what is your main instrument? did you play piano in the past? why do you have no propper midi keyboard?
for the case that you did not learn to play the piano I have to say that you have a great analytical ear...the playing is indeed "piano-alike"

thumbs up :shock:

Im glad you liked the piece :) and to answer your questions, I dont play any instruments, just been useing FL for afew years and learning as I go. when u say it still sounds "partially" mechanical, do you have anything in paticular in mind, something I can listen for? thanks :wink:

and no midis used :hihi:

Greetings

! I'm pretty fascinated by this piece of yours. So far I only thought you made happy pieces which I thought was a bit of a minus. :) And you don't even play the piano and this is all through the tirering process of adjusting each note's velocity etc. when you don't have a midikeyboard.

Great piece! Reminds me of a castlevania track from Symphony of the night.

Regards

To compose this track by hand in FL's piano roll editor would take about...oh, ten zillion years?

Are you insane? Why in God's name would you not lay down a hundred dollars/Euros and buy some bare bones type of midi controller keyboard?

Does not compute. Also, the song is of professional caliber...and you don't play an instument? What in the name of all that's holy... :?:
"Your petty insults are of no consequence." --Jp22
Songs

fjell_strom wrote:Are you insane? Why in God's name would you not lay down a hundred dollars/Euros and buy some bare bones type of midi controller keyboard?
yes :wink: and I would be very happy to..if I could skip the part where I had to learn how to play the piano :D (thanks as well)

With an apparent innate genius mastery of music theory already in your head, surely simply getting your fingers to hit the appropriate keys should not be too great a bother, virtuoso.

You don't happen to type all your messages per mouse as well, do you?
"Your petty insults are of no consequence." --Jp22
Songs

very interesting piece.
very interesting name for the web site,crackingislife.com

If you are indeed a "mouse player" as you claim do yourself a favor a purchase a midi keyboard.
Even if you enter notes one at a time with one finger you will be amazed at the "feel" you can inject into a piece. You will also be able to work much faster.

bluedad wrote:very interesting piece.
very interesting name for the web site,crackingislife.com
lol..dont mind that, I met the owner as I was looking for some webspace, etc, and now I have access to their ftp :hihi:

about the midi keyboard, I figure since ive already got the piano roll down I dont need to interupt the process im comfertable with, it really doesnt take very long as you may think to get the notes down, its just a matter of thinking of what happens next..but thats true for any song :)

This was really good. Thanks for posting it.

Cyrosis wrote:This is a classical piano piece I created in FL Studio useing the piano roll, not a midi controller. I used the maestro_concert_grand_v2 for the piano sample and SIR for the reverb :wink:

The song has a theme of being trapped in a maze of thoughts and emotions. I hope you all like this one, feedback much appreciated :)

The music is very nice. :)

Whatsoever, the piano is not exactly the best choice for that style (it sounds a little bit too metallic (Korg stylish) especially with expressive velocity. IMHO. :roll:

How many MB and layers uses that piano ?

Cyrosis wrote:
about the midi keyboard, I figure since ive already got the piano roll down I dont need to interupt the process im comfertable with, it really doesnt take very long as you may think to get the notes down, its just a matter of thinking of what happens next..but thats true for any song :)
Yup, if it works for you and is what you're comfortable with than stay with it.

Incredible really. Great piece.

This, sir, is really quite amazing.

Have you studied Beethoven in depth?

Sure sounds like it.

What a lovely thing. :D

jackle&hyde wrote:
Cyrosis wrote:This is a classical piano piece I created in FL Studio useing the piano roll, not a midi controller. I used the maestro_concert_grand_v2 for the piano sample and SIR for the reverb :wink:

The music is very nice. :)

Whatsoever, the piano is not exactly the best choice for that style (it sounds a little bit too metallic (Korg stylish) especially with expressive velocity. IMHO. :roll:

How many MB and layers uses that piano ?
the piano is 939mb's, 5 velocities, -16/44.1- I do have a second version tho, useing the piano from garritan personal orchestra, you may prefer that version as it is definatly less metallic.

Return to “Music Cafe”