Junkie - Demo

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

After grabbing some audio stuff from my old HDD last week, i found some old tunes that would finally open again. This is one of them. Never got round to finishing it, and it hasnt got a lot of 'stuff' going on (filter automations etc etc and decent drums) but its quite pleasant, brought back a few memories for ma anyway. Wont be finishing it, its too old, about 2 years roughly, and im not in a music making mood, havent been for weeks now (been enjoying listening to music rather than making it)

Anyway, enough waffle, heres the demo/unfinished track...

Junkie - demo

Cheers!

*bump?*

cool. Interesting sound.
I liked the composition a lot, it kept me listening. It does sound a little hollow or tinny - Not the mix so much as the sounds used, but I am on headphones--actually, it sounded kind of like a chiptune almost! I don't know anything about the genre to comment on, but you clearly know what you're doing 8)
..what goes around comes around..

ouroboros wrote:cool. Interesting sound.
I liked the composition a lot, it kept me listening. It does sound a little hollow or tinny - Not the mix so much as the sounds used, but I am on headphones--actually, it sounded kind of like a chiptune almost! I don't know anything about the genre to comment on, but you clearly know what you're doing 8)
Well, not really, it was a bit experimental :hihi:

It is a bit thin, but its only a demo, bassline need beefing and it needs some decent drums to to kick it along. too late now tho.

and I thought your music today sucks...:hihi:

I enjoyed this - I love a good 303 line and this one hooks nicely :love: .
The vocal samples work well too
Shame that you're not inclined to finish it, as it would be a cracker :-o

Sorry to hear you're not procducing at the moment... :?

Ian SDZH wrote: Sorry to hear you're not procducing at the moment... :?
Swings and roundabouts...

cheers Ian :)

pretty cool dave, you should get this one back in the 'current' folder :wink:

Hunter wrote:pretty cool dave, you should get this one back in the 'current' folder :wink:
cheers Jim, i may be inclinded to have a go after a few more listens, i kinda like it again :wink:

nice track mate. Seems a bit sharp on the ears in places (treble). That second vox part is familiar - The Chemical Brothers used to open a DJ set with a similar line.

Definitely worth revisiting.

Yeah, its all a bit high end at the moment, like i said, needs a lot of work.

I guess i better start next week then...

(the 'im a junkie' vox is from alexis strumm, was in the charts a few years back, i nicked it from the start)

this is a very good track, with excellent production, you should consider polishing it off!

This tune keeps me goin :) I liked listening to the whole thing! and i think theres so much u can bring this song to.. the bells, and the twang tom drum thing.. its got good rhythm.. I like
Coming Soon

Thanks chaps, looks like i better get going then, soon as ive restarted/finished my collab with BK

Return to “Music Cafe”