TRANCE from CHASE? what what

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I read in an old CM mag that a good way to sharpen the old skillz is to experiment outside of your main genres.

Ice Flowers (title inspired by a pro-53 preset)

All of the synths or Pro-53 (This thing is a trance beast!). All the pads I made with the Fruity Granulizer. All other plugs used come with FLStudio.

Tips/advice on anything are greatly appriciated.

Right then...

I prefered your dee @ bee track. In a weird (or not so) way this smacks of dee @ bee (you know what i mean?).

What what indeed...
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

And as an after thought... You may want to add about two minutes (at least) of break down(s). Why not go into a little dee @ bee to freak em out. Break up not break down. Who knows???

Nice sounds but....wheres the rest of it?
Reverbnation
see ya 'round...

good kick, sounds like the one from the pack Sirocco released on TranceAddict with trance drums and some cool loops... one of the sounds has too many lows... the sharp sting sound... i would highpass filter that to about 200hz... it does not need so many lows.

The melodies sound a bit out of random.

This is just personal taste but I would have composed the track in an aolean scale instead. It would add more emotion to the track.

the track needs a nice dirty synth line... check out any track released on Anjunabeats.. THey usually have a nice gritty filtered synth in the background. That would be a good element to throw in this track.

Other than that for not ever having made a trance track, this is a good first try. I guess you'd really have to love this music in order to grow in it, but if you do, you have potential! :)

I enjoyed this very much.

I reckon it could do with a lead or something to grab the attention - maybe even some sci-vox would break it up some.
In fact, on second listen, some vox sample would be cool. Even better if you made your own. :)
I would class this as being closer to 'original trance' than um, whatever the current name is for Ibizan (read commercial/formula) trance.
And that's a compliment. :D

ps - just listened to both the tunes in your sig - great dnb m8! :D

gerryc wrote:This is just personal taste but I would have composed the track in an aolean scale instead. It would add more emotion to the track.
You know, you might've just said, "natural minor". But hey, at least SOME people still know their theory ... so I shouldn't nitpick!

~MacQ

sufficiently untrancey for me to safely say, good job, I enjoyed that.

reach for the lasahsssssssssssss! got any jack n jills mate?

Aye not bad chase. Needs some eq to my ears to get some of the muddyness out, and seperate the drums and isntruments from each other a bit. I'd get a faster attack on the orchestralish pad sound too, also add a bit more variety/new instrument in to bring things up bit more. But certainly has some drive to it 8)

I don't like trance much, but this is a fun tune. Well done! I like the moody pads. Nice flow and build ups too. Nice ending.

your DnB influences shine thru in the instrumentation used...sounds like some oldschool tune...late 96 maybe?
anywyas, the bass is very wobbly, not solid as in most trance, and the low level pads are more DnB than trance...should be upfront and huge in trance...also, kill that 909 rimshot, 'tis horrible!!

Return to “Music Cafe”