The new outer limits theme.....by me : ) (1st rough)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanx for stop`in in!

First rough temp of this...but worth a listen.
The second version will be a hell of alot better...but you`ll get the gist of it from this.

Let me know what you think. : )

http://home.comcast.net/~newdabranck/mu ... _theme.mp3
Oh and BTW,I know it sounds terrible...like it was recorded in a tin can...believe it or not I was going for a really hollow sound...kinda over did it..haha.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

This is a nice tune, but for some reason it didn't seem loud enough. it almost sounded as tho you were recording from another room.

Still it sounded real nice, be nice to hear this finished. 8)

Hi Bruce.
Thanx for your favorable comment.

Ha..the first audio part I made for this I EQed the shit out of and in turn really lowered the signal to noise ratio and it`s volume.
The rest of it I kept at the same low track volumes to match the first part...so all and all I decided to keep it at that level and consider this a "rough".
After listening to this several times with fresh ears,I can invision how to re-made this with added parts and normal quality.
Trying to achieve the "dream" style in the sound...but heavy plug-in EQing is a bit tricky...going to remake the whole thing,(and more).Going to work on it today and see if I can have a good 2nd version by tomorrow night.

A tempting first draft.
Nicely curvy organic sounds. Indefinite and dreamlike indeed.
Looking forward to version 2. (although I'm quite into this as is)

grilla

Hey Grilla!

Thanx so much for taking the time to listen,and sharing your impressions.
I`m thilled that you hear and mentioned the "indefinate"!
I wanted to try to convey the feeling of the "finite/resolve/and then the indefinate"in a 5-6 min package.

The bad sound quality was spoken for above...so I won`t again apologize for what`s obvious.
I believe the next version will be a better representation of what i`d like to accomplish.I`d like it to say "outer limits tv show theme" in a concise,well defined,group of dreamy colors.
This arrangement is riddled with so many mistakes...but enough of it`s stucture comes through...just by chance...that I think it can become a complete short thematic composition.

This will be the 1st time I tried to improve something i`ve done by starting from scratch.(a new cubase project)
I`m usually too freaking lazy...and it sorta scares me also...thinking I just don`t have what it takes to do better.

I don`t think i`m alone thinking this way.
This time,I just gotta know.
Last edited by annode on Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

yeah, I know what you mean. For me if a piece can't be tweaked into submission I usually abandon it altogether.
But on the rare occasion I've tried to redo a track from scratch it has usually morphed into something very different (not necessarily better) containing the initial ideas.

good luck!
grilla

Yeah..I hear that Grilla!
It`s a scary proposition...the fear of losing it all together as it might morph to something else.

I`d love to be able to incorporate a work pattern that has a rough idea project 1st then moving into possibly a final composite.That would be a truely better way to accomplish one`s idea`s.

Return to “Music Cafe”