"BirdTalk" - Cutsey, algorithmic, musicbox EXTRAVA

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

First off, I realise that I'm not the most frequent poster here. :( Sorry. My only saving grace is that I'm offering this little record I made in my spare time for free. All I'm hoping to do is to share my music with people who will hopefully enjoy it.
(Also, a good friend of mine, and apparently a good guy around here; Jack Dark, recommended that I should.)
My last release (last December) received more unreserved praise from here than anywhere else.

Here's a song from my BirdTalk e.p. It's called "A.H. I Wrote This Song For You" and it's only 1.1 megs -so you might as well go for it. :)
It's based around a slowed and pitch to midi-ed bird call (with some algorithmic elements thrown in for good measure).
I hope that people enjoy it. :)

A.H. I Wrote This Song For You.

A little more info:
http://jackdark.proboards39.com/index.c ... 1119025246
Last edited by daveojo on Fri Jun 24, 2005 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

i like the cover!

Okay, that's a start! :)

This is a very excellent collection of innovative/unique/beautiful songs. Definitly gives "Boards of Canada" style softelectro a challenge IMHO. I love this music and I often have it going while I'm doing SynthEdit programming, or just trying to relax in general. I'd never heard anything quite like Bird Talk, so if you want something refreshing and relaxing, get it! It's FREE! :D

Cool idea. What was the source of the bird call?

The track reminded me of the unicorns. It has a carefree kinda feel to it.

Thanks for the originality.

Jack, thanks a lot for the praise. It means a lot (expecially to be even mentioned in the same sentence as BoC -I have a lot of respect for them.)

Genetic_Junk, if I remember correctly the sample came from the BBC wildlife page. After slowing it and performing some pitch to midi (and retweaking some of the notes so that they made more sense -as well as moving things around by various octaves so that there was a definable low, middle and high end, I added an algorithmic track based on the bassline -I then butchered this track down until I had only the notes I wanted.)
BTW, I love the Unicorns (it's a real shame they split.) I never really considered though that they might have influenced the music that I make.

Return to “Music Cafe”