wanna sing in the "Primal Choir" ???

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm looking for 6 to 8 people who would be interested in contributing some primal shouts and short aggressive vocal gesticulations. These recordings would be used for my HAMMER[SCAPE] project and full credit would be given for the work.

Currently, I'm thinking that the participants would be referred to as "Primal Choir" in the album credits with each artist name being listed under that heading. As a token payment I'd be happy provide a promotional link to your website on the HAMMER[SCAPE] website so that people who visit the site or buy the music can go on to investigate your other works, etc. Traffic to the site is already good despite the fact that nothing has been officially released.

Essentially, I'm needing a bunch of creative grunts, growls, and especially shouts along the lines of "yih" "no" "hai" "ga" "ko" and other short one-note unpitched sounds. Once things get rolling, I might need specific words shouted, but for now I just need nonsense words. I'm not looking for the typical 'oohs and ahhs' of a traditional choir because I already have more of that stuff than I can shake a stick at. Though it's a subjective promise, my goal is to combine your work into some pieces that you'd be proud to be a part of. You'd be helping me obtain a wider palette of vocalizations than I can make by myself using only my voice.

If you'd like to volunteer, please just respond to this thread and let me know that you'll do it. Then I'll contact you and let you know where you can FTP your files and crediting info when you're ready. I'm hoping to get the recordings as 24 bit wave files with no effects added other than perhaps a bit of compression to help you get the best sonic control over your performance. Obviously, they would need to be recorded well and pre-trimmed so that I can easily preview and categorize them.

presume you're looking for a sorta 'jungle shout' mood? or 'evil gutter of cess suffering' style stuf? wait til the next time it takes me 1 1/2 hours to find out how to format a color datum or rent the exorcist for th latter. im surprised the universe is still here.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha neither a follower nor a leader be tagore "where roads are made i lose my way" where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

I could be up for this, sounds like a laugh.

I'll try and talk my mate Aust into having a go as well, since he can do some semi convincing Cat noises, which could be interesting.

Rollasoc

xoxos wrote:presume you're looking for a sorta 'jungle shout' mood? or 'evil gutter of cess suffering' style stuf? wait til the next time it takes me 1 1/2 hours to find out how to format a color datum or rent the exorcist for th latter. im surprised the universe is still here.
I'm surprised the universe is still here, too. But in the meantime, let's make some noise. :lol:

rollasoc wrote:I could be up for this, sounds like a laugh.

I'll try and talk my mate Aust into having a go as well, since he can do some semi convincing Cat noises, which could be interesting.

Rollasoc
Rock on. I'll get the info to you via PM. Thanks!

Sounds like a soundtrack for the game Age of Empires :)

I have got the loudest voice you have ever heard.I do a bull roar that will amaze you.I have perfect pitch.My vocal range is 3 1/2 octaves,and about 1 octave of extra register squeak.

Sign me up.

- m
Markleford's band, The James Rocket: http://www.TheJamesRocket.com/
Markleford's tracks: http://www.markleford.com/music/
Markleford's free MFX, DXi2, DR-008 modules: http://www.TenCrazy.com/

sure, i'll help, german accent always helps :hihi:

Thanks guys!! I'll be in touch shortly.

Yeah man, I'll give it a go. When do you need these for though? I'll be back in London on the 25th of July where I can use my universities recording studio - they have some decent mic's and a vocal booth that I could use.
My Youtube Channel - Wires Dream Disasters :: My Band - Tacoma Narrows Bridge Disaster
Product owner working for inMusic Brands - posting here in a personal capacity, but I will assist with any BFD related questions - hit me up!

Andrew Vernon wrote:Yeah man, I'll give it a go. When do you need these for though? I'll be back in London on the 25th of July where I can use my universities recording studio - they have some decent mic's and a vocal booth that I could use.
Thanks! There's no outside pressure. For my own momentum's sake, I'd like to have the whole choir by mid August or so. Hopefully that will work for everyone's schedule, but I'm flexible.

Return to “Music Cafe”