So ugly, it hurts my feelings!

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Watch out Mums, cause you're going to Flip when you catch wind of the latest in ugliness...

And This Is The Tricky Part
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/9/stevenwest_music.htm

Oh lordy, that's nasty! :-o

I didn't happen to hear an extremely mangled snippet of Bittersweet Symphony in there did I? If so, be careful the Rolling Stones don't find out. :D

You know, this is one of those things that is so ugly that it's downright cute. I really liked it.

:D
McLilith

Me too. Really fun stuff. Worthy of the Rephlex or Warp labels.

nasty Steve! like an old mxr in withdrawl,
did you ever find the station you were lookin for, hehe..
like the way you twisted the pitch to find spots that worked, quite good..
8)

Thank you guys! And NO McLilith - no Stones OR Verve samples were used at all! Actually, the 'howling sound' is an oooold MC-202 I've reworked. The 'voices' are good ol' Ethnosphere, the 'broken guitar' is a EX5 voice resampled into Orion, a newly acquired TG500 does the 'strings' (of course highly mangled by SmEx gear!) and a DX7 does the nice psuedo-guitar riffs.
Oh yeah, and most of the voices were made with the AT&T On-Line Voice Maker, with a few Zero G et al samples thrown in and butchered for that 'hip hop spice'.

Oh, I've got my station vtx. I'm so dialed in - I'm the total tone now! :hihi:

Twisted tone work steve.
Pentagon,z3ta+,Tassman,Vsampler 3,FM7,Vocator,Sonar 3 Producer,SoundForge,Awave,Vegas 5
SFZ+,P5. And two kick ass DawBox machines!

Steven West wrote:Thank you guys! And NO McLilith - no Stones OR Verve samples were used at all!
I didn't really think there was. I just have this ability to see similarities in totally different songs. My brain is in constant pattern-recognition mode, comparing everything with everything else.

:)
McLilith

sounds nice...

McLilith wrote: I didn't really think there was. I just have this ability to see similarities in totally different songs. My brain is in constant pattern-recognition mode, comparing everything with everything else.

:)
McLilith
That was one similarity I don't think ANY of us we're expecting! :lol: (Now if you said Severed Heads, I'd buy that for a dollar atleast. ;) )

Thanks again guys! :D

It can never get nasty enough 8)

Top one in sound and production

Class tune big man! 8)
The above "words" are the ramblings of a depraved megalomaniac.Any similarity to normal communication is a hallucination on the part of the reader.Replying to this post will result in your family and posessions becoming the property of funkynuts.

Return to “Music Cafe”