[MedMud/drone] A Sense of Security

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

This track just sort of happened.

I'm testing some things for some performance-based stuff. Real-time time-stretching is going to be a part of that.

While playing around a bit I got inspired to do this track. I loaded up a sample from a guitar-piece I did years ago, and everything seemed to just work.
As if my computer tapped into my mind and started to translate how I felt. A rather angry drone-piece was the result.

Earlier that day (saturday IIRC) one of our local goon^H^H^H^Hpoliticians went on and on about how it's a good thing to sacrifice our liberties in order to increase security. I find this a very scary tendency.
Yet, an increasing number of people seem to need this sense of security.

A Sense Of Security
192 kb/s VBR .mp3, 8:20, 12 MB.

[tech-stuff]
AudioMulch, Kjærhus' Classic Master-Limiter.
The loop that sounds like a double-bass is from a recording I did as SanatOrium in 1987. It's a really crappy acoustic guitar, neck all bent, rusty steel strings, that I recorded by hanging a microphone in the body and overdriving the tape-deck's inputs.
I tuned the sample way, way down and pitched it back up with DLgranulizer. Adding feedback did the rest. Classic Master-Limiter was essential.
[/tech-stuff]

Enjoy,

Groet, Erik
Pop music delenda est.

Very cool, Erik.

Builds nicely to the heavy screaming stuff. It's gotten two listens out of me so far tonight.

The heavy screaming took me by surprise, but it's the essence of the track.
Very glad you liked it. Thanks.

Groet, Erik
Pop music delenda est.

Ah... new MedMud is always good. This is excellent - simultaneously stressful and serene.
Wonder if you and shamann will ever get around to collaborating - I think you'd complement each other very well.

dystonia_ek wrote:Ah... new MedMud is always good. This is excellent - simultaneously stressful and serene.
Thank you. Very much.
Wonder if you and shamann will ever get around to collaborating - I think you'd complement each other very well.
I'm always up for a collaboration.

Groet, Erik
Pop music delenda est.

Me, I'm terrible with the collaboration. Haven't totally figured out how to do sound destruction democratically yet.

But if you have something in mind, Erik, pm/email me details.

Steve

With the title and background this only comes more to life where the screamings add that horrid touch.

It would certainly be cool to see the two of you work on something together; only good can come from it.

shamann wrote:Me, I'm terrible with the collaboration. Haven't totally figured out how to do sound destruction democratically yet.
It isn't easy- I recorded the violinist from our band nearly three years ago and only last weekend did I realise what I was going to do with the recording. She didn't mind joining me again, though. Then again, we know each other musically.
Hopefully, I'll find out what it's like to collaborate with someone I've never worked with before, I'll be talking to a kindred spirit next friday.
Much to learn, I have. But learning is good.

I'm sure I'll come up with some ideas for a SIGHUP/MedMud head-on collision along the way.
But if you have something in mind, Erik, pm/email me details.
I certainly will.
mystahr wrote:With the title and background this only comes more to life where the screamings add that horrid touch.
It's strange how something as indirect as a computer-music platform can make such a direct connection with ones feelings.
The past month or so has taught me some new things as far as that's concerned.
Thanks, Mark.
Pop music delenda est.

Return to “Music Cafe”