New track! "Get Up (Spread the Love)" [Funk]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Damn I'm on a roll... another new tune, made from scratch today, music, lyrics vocals et al. 8)

Using the lovely Ultimate Bass Kit for bass and TickyClav for Clavinet (and Rhodes via MrRay73 in a few spots), no programming involved apart from the drums, everything recorded "live" on keyboard without quantizing.

Still in the "this is my latest tune, wow this is my greatest tune" phase, but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

Please take a listen, comments on both music and mix welcome ;)

It's right here: http://www.musicv2.com/artist/programentalist top of page or second from top, download (4.1mb) or stream, no registration required.

I posted another tune just yesterday (not quite as good as this one though imo ;))and I've only gotten one reply yet, so please check it out as well: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=96070
Last edited by Programentalist on Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

:!:
Last edited by TechNoiZ on Wed Aug 17, 2005 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cheers :D

Listening to this one myself, and Water to Wine right after, I realize the vocals are far too weak in that one... may have EQ'd the badly or something.

A slight *bump* ;)

Worth a listen, promise!

Don't miss the updated Water to Wine either 8)

interesting title...downloading.

CypherOne wrote:interesting title...downloading.

:lol:

Hi Programmentalist, nice tune :) I really enjoyed it a bunch.
I have to listen at work so I can't address the mix much (other than put the clav louder?) As for critical feedback, hmmm.
I think that 2/3 way through, it becomes a bit repetitive, perhaps because it seems very vocal/melody driven. The melody seems funky, but I might mix in a couple of breaks, like a big snare hit with a complete music drop before the chorus, to shake it up a bit. When the funky guitar comes in towards the end it's very cool. -Whatever, opinions are like..., well you know the rest :) . You are obviously very talented, thanks you for sharing this, it is killer (and I dig the positive vibe.)
..what goes around comes around..

i'm really enjoying your stuff at the moment, the loungey madness works well.

the bass kit is obviously inspiring you. very funky.

nice

steve.

Thanks for listening everyone!
CypherOne wrote:interesting title...downloading.
Well, you let me know aight ;)
ouroboros wrote:Hi Programmentalist, nice tune :) I really enjoyed it a bunch.
Cheers mate! :D
You may be right about the vocal driven state of the song, I just started recording vocals (this is my 5th tune with vocals, all done in less than 2 weeks or so) and it's a bit of new ground for me. Before I had to fiddle a lot to make the tracks interesting and I have tried to go for a simpler approach now, but I'm gradually getting the hang of it I think, I'll take note of that for the future though!

The guitar is actually no guitar but the same very clav played an octave higher, I noticed myself that it sounds a bit like guitar though :)
blaster78 wrote:i'm really enjoying your stuff at the moment, the loungey madness works well.
Thanks 8)
blaster78 wrote:the bass kit is obviously inspiring you. very funky.
To no end mate, to no end... I've needed a good bass for ages, and Trilogy has always been a bit too pricey. This was just perfect for me. The only thing apart from FL Studio I use that's not freeware btw, amazing what you get for free these days.

okay, typing as I'm listening (caveat I know nothing about producing this sort of thing) Nice beats, cool vox, very funky. The drums sound a bit too 'verby for my taste but they're nicely laid out.

There's a tiny bit of Jim Morrison in some of your tones (to my ears at least).

I would have liked to hear a ride/bell cymbal come in about halfway thru to lift the beats a bit more.

If you added a screamy guitar this would be quite RHCP I think too.

So there you have it, no useful advice at all :lol:

Nice track sir :)

Cheers! 8)

Well, constructive criticism isn't everything, a honest to earth opinion is quite enough ;)

I did tinker a bit with a ride, but it got a bit too static with the rides in the kit I used... of course I could've probably gotten one from NS Kit7 or something, but I was satisfied enough with the beat as it was so I didn't bother.

Return to “Music Cafe”