Silently (OMG - mystahr started singing :o)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Well perhaps it's more reciting a poem in a half-decent singing matter. In a spur of inspirational gust I re-wrote a poem I once wrote into lyrics that flowed a bit more. This being my first live(!) recording of my voice and the fact that I had to use headphones (which I hardly ever do) forgive the perhaps not so great mix. Also I probably overdone in FX-íng the vox through the Fizmo and spring-reverb and quadraverbGT, but I'll likely get a bit more used to perhaps hearing myself and being able to mix that good into the mix.

Only the arping Juno60, sidetracked through an electric mistress and tape delay; and the multivox are used.

errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr............

before I babble to the next page; this week was quite a week for me and I think this liberation of recording my voice only tops it off.

Silently
160kbs/17,4Mb/15,14 min

errrrrmmmmmm, yes it's long; it's totally unprepared and a one take done completely live

Some useful tips on singing for beginners are encouraged; but feedback is always appreciated :)

PS: lyrics coming in a bit

Oh yes, the title may be as it is; but in no way you could call it that :hihi:

erm, ok the lyrics....

The wildness of an unsong song
a diamond in the rough
breaking in a new dawn
reflected in the pearls
Running down
fall to earth
collected in the brooks (erm should be streams :oops:)
flowing hearts
and spirits sear
awaken silently

Silently; awakening
long halted deep inside
carefully it's rootings set
I found myself tonight

From shadows shade a leap to light
A path drew from it's core
warmed by the sun
the journey begun
So soft and tender; layn down to rest
a spirit flows freely
into eternity

Silently; awakening
long halted deep inside
carefully it's rootings set
I found myself tonight

you call that singing......? are you a parselmouth???? :hihi:

multree wrote:you call that singing......? are you a parselmouth???? :hihi:
:lol:

honestly though... the lyrics are quite fitting to the mood of the song

It all was created in about an hour and a half from scratch I'd say. Been wanting to try it for so long and kept postponing it. Tonight all of a sudden I felt I needed and wanted to do it and found a poem I rewrote :)

:D

Hehe. 8)

I will download it when I go broadband in 4 dayzzzzzzzz. :P

Now what was I saying a few weeks ago, I new you could do it. :wink:

:D fake :D
You cant beat people up then have them say "I love you"

well ...

i heard this on the radio , after you went to work ...

:o

cheers bernhard; actually the singing sounds drenched and muffled and possibly couldn't go for singing, but it felt good 8)

Norm; I hope you were able to sleep afterwards :o

lyrics mark :shock:

sung as only mystahr could :hihi:

steve.

heh; yeah lyrics

I think I wrote about 400 english poems through the years and re-writing to lyrics was beyond me before, simply as lyrics in music aren't/weren't so important to me. It just struck me last night and it all happened before I could even think :hihi:

Who knows if I'll do more, but the taste is there

Cheers Steve 8)

that made for an interesting listening. yes, i think the vox could be slightly less FX-processed, but it works nonetheless, fitting nicely in the trippy mood.

waiting for more mystahr's songs :)

Well.

The music is stellar. Really. Even by Mystahr standards. It's daring to make something this stringent and monotonous. And it works! Big time. This is one of my favorite KvR-tracks – based on the music. But the vocal suffers from the Idon'tbelieveinmyownvoice-syndrome that musicians often has. The efx on the vocal would be great for a single sentence. But it's too much (add to that the slightly cheesy lyrics). I'd love to hear you sing some more – but not in this way. On certainly not when the track in itself is a classic.

Thomas

Wopelka wrote:that made for an interesting listening. yes, i think the vox could be slightly less FX-processed, but it works nonetheless, fitting nicely in the trippy mood.

waiting for more mystahr's songs :)
Time will only tell if the mic will be used more ;)

cheers Phil

Return to “Music Cafe”