occasional speed check - PLEASE VOTE

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

what speed connection do you USUALLY surf KVR with ???

still on dial-up - 56.6 or lower
5%
standard domestic broadband - up to 2Mbps
58%
fast domestic broadband - 2Mbps or higher
38%
something else - please specify
1%

Total votes: 200

RELATED
PRODUCTS

just to see whether i need to amend the contest rules (and the cafe guidelines) ...

... thanks ...

slainte :ud: rob

:D

Today dial up, tomorrow broadband.

Think i will vote tomorrow...... :lol:

:D fake :D
You cant beat people up then have them say "I love you"

finally, broadband!
..what goes around comes around..

Just been informed t'other day that my broadband is going up to 2Mbs soon. But its 1Mb at the mo'.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

20 Mbs here... Who needs that ? :roll:
:D

(keep voting folks)

sea bass

shall i count that as 'something else' ???

slainte :?: rob

ah, u should change my vote to 2mbps cuz my ISP just upgraded my speed for free!!! :P woo!

WoJ

OMG! ppl here have some money. my dial up is $10.00. my gf and i barely scrape by and we both work.

Good poll, just goes to show how tech moves world wide real fast.

I voted DSL higher than 2

androidlove wrote:OMG! ppl here have some money. my dial up is $10.00. my gf and i barely scrape by and we both work.
Last year Broadband was not available in Galway. Now there at least six different companies, with 12 15 different packages available.

A new one has just appeared with faster upload speeds as well as download.

Which all means less food on the table. :roll:

4 megabits here. But this summer I've been surfing on a dialup cellphone connection via Bluetooth and GPRS...40kbps...
My Soundcloud Too many pieces of music finish far too long after the end. - Stravinsky

At home, dsl... 384kbps I think... haven't measured it lately.

At work, outrageous sick speeds. Sometimes it's good to work for a major cs research university... 8) UIUC campus has something like a 1200 Mbps backbone, and they're working the i2 stuff as well.

Unfortunately, my machine has to go through 100Mb ethernet to get anywhere, so I'm stuck at that speed. Now if I could run my own fiber and tap into one of the OC-12's I'd be really in business... :hihi:

-Garret

I'm USUALLY on KVR at work. I work for a major US corporation. I have no clue what we're using here . . . but it's broad. So I'm the "Other" vote.

HOWEVER . . . I just found out that DSL is finally available at my home. So maybe my folks will send a birthday check and I'll sign up in a couple weeks :hihi:

Return to “Music Cafe”