[Bunnyboy] Didactic Rabbit - glitch (half done, very rough)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hellos

I've almost done a song :o :o :o

It was the beast that is LiveCut that inspired me :D

Anyway this has no mixing no mastering and is only half way there. :oops:

However, i quite like it :wink: so it is here for your criticism, advice and listening pleasure :hihi: :shock:

I'm probably gonna put some vocal samples on it.
Also the underlying drum patterns are essentially loops so a bit of vaiation to increase dynamics along with some more chord changes (a new concept for me!!).

And make it longer :wink:

So whaddya all think :?:

Didactic Rabbit
Phil

"The fool who persists in his folly will become wise" - William Blake
*No more band for me* | **My Host**

oh and its all done with freeware, does this prove that George Martin is right??
Phil

selfish bump

really that bad? thats why I posted. I like it but wanna improve it - maybe even do it as a collab
Phil

give us a chance to grab it and listen ...

(DLing now BTW)

... hmmmnnn ... youre an (ex-???)shoegazing saddo into glitchy electronica asking for a possible collab ??? ... two negatives make a positive ???

(other things to work on also over the next few weeks but give us a PM if you want)

slainte :ud: rob
Last edited by pHz on Sun Jul 31, 2005 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

will do once me new house is sorted.

er... tried to do a Kevin shields type guitar sound in the track...
Phil

pHz wrote:(other things to work also over the next few weeks...)
hi! :)

There are things I really like in it: the way the bass hits right at the beginning; the midrange drone that rises through intro; when the cut up beat kicks in; the break down at the 3 minute mark.

But for a three minute track, it sure seemed like it went on a lot longer, and I found I was getting disinterested. I think there are three things that aren't grabbing me: the clicketyclak typewriter beat through the intro doesn't have any variation (same thing with the similar beat on toms around 1:40 mark); the bass is maybe a bit to samey or too present through the whole thing; and there isn't enough going on with the string synth stabs as an accent.

So it's 50/50 for me at the moment.

as a work in progress i got no problem with it mate ...

... i actually quite like the clicky beat that runs through it ... not SO sure about the repetitive drum sound panned right myself though ...

... if it was me id break up the track a little more in terms of heavy rhythmic bits and quieter more ambient stuff between ... and youre right it needs some hooky samples or snippets of vocals to give it a little more identity ...

... on the right tracks for me

(stick at the MBV guiters though ... if you find a way to do them and make them work in a track let me know ... )

slainte :phones: rob

shamann wrote:There are things I really like in it: the way the bass hits right at the beginning; the midrange drone that rises through intro; when the cut up beat kicks in; the break down at the 3 minute mark.

But for a three minute track, it sure seemed like it went on a lot longer, and I found I was getting disinterested. I think there are three things that aren't grabbing me: the clicketyclak typewriter beat through the intro doesn't have any variation (same thing with the similar beat on toms around 1:40 mark); the bass is maybe a bit to samey or too present through the whole thing; and there isn't enough going on with the string synth stabs as an accent.

So it's 50/50 for me at the moment.
I agree with you totally, especially about the intro beat.

The main beat, I think that i'm gonna have some fun with that, espcecilly seeing how LiveCut reacts to changes in pattern and sounds and timbres.
I used to spend hours creating shifting drum patterns, but am now too wrapped in arrangements. got to get the two together :wink:

The problem i have at the moment is that my laptop is maxing out, even when trying to bounce, so I need to simplify then bounce. Basically its taking ages to edit.

but next version (which i will be posting in a few weeks will be full of little edits and changes and variations).

The synth stabs I will need to take some advice from people as to how to proceed
Phil

clueless wrote:
pHz wrote:(other things to work also over the next few weeks...)
hi! :)
lo ... fancy seeing you here ...

slainte :hihi: rob

:love: it!!!

Wow!!!

Dave

pHz wrote:as a work in progress i got no problem with it mate ...

... i actually quite like the clicky beat that runs through it ... not SO sure about the repetitive drum sound panned right myself though ...

... if it was me id break up the track a little more in terms of heavy rhythmic bits and quieter more ambient stuff between ... and youre right it needs some hooky samples or snippets of vocals to give it a little more identity ...

... on the right tracks for me

(stick at the MBV guiters though ... if you find a way to do them and make them work in a track let me know ... )

slainte :phones: rob
"not SO sure about the repetitive drum sound panned right myself though ..."

:?: :?: :?: :?: That must be some sort of audio artifact. whoops :oops:

The problem i have with my stuff is that for some reason, no matter which BPM i place it at, my tunes hurtle along. hmm got to get with the dynamics theory
Phil

mckenic wrote::love: it!!!

Wow!!!

Dave

:hail: :hail:
Phil

Bunnyboy wrote:"not SO sure about the repetitive drum sound panned right myself though ..."
my bad ... its only there in the 1st third or so ...

... its a tchoo-tchoot sound ... im listening on phones so the right panning might be more pronounced for me i guess ...

slainte :? rob

pHz wrote:
Bunnyboy wrote:"not SO sure about the repetitive drum sound panned right myself though ..."
my bad ... its only there in the 1st third or so ...

... its a tchoo-tchoot sound ... im listening on phones so the right panning might be more pronounced for me i guess ...

slainte :? rob
hmm will have to get back to you on that
Phil

Return to “Music Cafe”