[melancholy folk] Walk Light

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

bobbyblank wrote:...
so how about:
it r0x0rz, but where iz teh tarnce leed?
:hihi: Maybe a crazy frog remix.

Thanks for the kind words.

egarrard wrote:Otherwise, just pull the trigger.
Heh. Cheers, egarrard! Was it just the lyrics that rubbed you the wrong way, or the whole shebang?

egarrard wrote:Great voice...great recording...garbage song. You've got a nicely commercial voice and, with a decent producer, there would be lots of money in your future. Don't sing your own material though. (At least not anything like that horror.) You could go very, very far.

Otherwise, just pull the trigger.
isn't there a more tactful way to say that? heh. suggesting suicide isn't exactly constructive criticism.
:P :lol:

Brilliant. Quite brilliant. Don't change anything.

BTW, ignore the guy with the "garbage" comment. He's probably only after a rise from you anyway.
"Computers in the future may weigh
no more than 1.5 tons." - Popular Mechanics, 1949

egarrard wrote:garbage song. Don't sing your own material though. (At least not anything like that horror.)

Otherwise, just pull the trigger.
Come again? The melody is sufficiently repetitive and well-contoured - perfect for getting into the subconscious and sticking in one's memory. The lyrics are first rate:

"Bend the quay and unsalt the sea. There are people too wise to be free..."

Did you fall and hit your head?

This is a songwriter's song, guy. 8)
-Res

Wonderful tune, amazing voice! Will be kept.
There are 3 kinds of people:
Those who can do maths and those who can't.

Bernadine - this is one of the best chunes I've heard on KVR. Beautiful. Reminds me of the haunting sparseness of Nick Drake, but with a unique voice. Very good stuff.
It's always fantastic to hear organic, heartfelt human music around here :wink:

superb voice and great track 8)
you always remind me of belle n sebastien 8)

Cheers for the comments and thanks for listening. :)

Jeff - a Nick Drake reference is always appreciated. 'Pink Moon' is one of those perfect records.

vurt - haven't come across Belle & Sebastian so much. I know the name, but can't really think of any of their songs offhand. Should probably investigate. Thanks for the tip. 8)

Liked this very much!
A touch of Art Garfunkel in your singing melody.
Thinking i`d like to hear another mix version with some more piano tinkling and perhaps some orchestration...so i`ll put it in myself for my own enjoyment of doing so.

Like how you sing without any vibrato...do`nt hear much of that anymore.Tops!
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Glad you enjoyed it, annode. I tried putting in a more extensive piano part myself, in the choruses etc., but it ended up sounding superfluous. Hopefully you'll have better luck. Cheers.

Hi Barnadine.
I have your mp3 sitting on my desktop,but since have not found the mood to get to it.
If I do something along with it,and it sounds ok at least,i`ll send you a link in an I.M.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Return to “Music Cafe”