Unapologetically easy listening...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A remake of one of my favourite MOD files (originally composed by Hunz) from way back in the day...

Dark Promise

Hopefully it sounds alright...

Did I ever mention I love 6th chords?

Cheers.

Very nice. :)

superb

guitar is good. Is it a sample set?

impossible this all used to be in a mod

the synth portamento is a little offsetting

Whoa... Thanks for the comments... I had pretty much accepted this one's descent into KVR obscurity...

pannewb: this is a combination of samples from Colossus and Plugsound guitars...

And yeah... Perhaps the vangelis'esque synth is a little too prominent... I think I may have to soften that...

And nothing (asside from the song structure) came from the original mod... samples back then were really bad!

Cheers.

nice piece of programming but yeah the synth potamnto is a little shaky

reminds me a little of jan hammer style stuff
hope thats a compliment :)

vurt wrote:nice piece of programming but yeah the synth potamnto is a little shaky

reminds me a little of jan hammer style stuff
hope thats a compliment :)
Hey Vurt...

Thanks for the comments. They are appreciated.

Yeah... I'll have to rework the synth fills... they do sound a bit off... perhaps I'll try less delay/panning and send it way back in the mix.

I am not sure who Jan Hammer is, but I'll look him/her up.

Cheers.

Nice. Reminds me of my favourite bits from Pat Methany. Keep up the good work! I would leave it as is. Sounds gravy. Move on to your next masterpiece... ;)
"Your petty insults are of no consequence." --Jp22
Songs

advaya wrote:Whoa... Thanks for the comments... I had pretty much accepted this one's descent into KVR obscurity...
No way. I like it too. And I think it would remind me of the sea even without the gulls. Nicely done.

mark

Return to “Music Cafe”