Five Minutes- [darkdream][remixed and mastered]

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Edit-new version-remixed and mastered properly.

7.71mg
8.25mins

http://home.comcast.net/~newdabranck/mu ... inutes.mp3
Last edited by annode on Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Nice stuff, annode. Started listening to it softly on my speakers, then turned it up loud on my headphones. Wanted to get lost in the sound. Great drones, and I like how the organ melody stays unemphatic and buried in the mix. I'd be interested to hear what you used to make this, if you're in the mood.

Very deep, oceanic sounds... well done!

Thanks very much Barnadine for taking the time to listen to this more carefully with headphones,and ofcoarse,thank you for your praises!

As for what I used,you may think Reaktor was behind it all...hehe...well usually it is,with material like this,but this time,for the most part,not so.
I did use reaktor for the organ and the tubewind sounds...but all else comes from albino2.
Albino2 was programmed from scratch,(no preset),utilizing it`s 4 oscillators channeled over to one of it`s LFOs slowly modulating the pitch of each osc.This and various effect processes created one audio track.

A second trk was created by copying the 1st trk and offsetting it 180 deg in time from the first trk. This gives it the effect of a rising and falling group of tones simultaneously.

A third trk of albino was made for the low wash.
Among many effects used with it,"livecut"(realtime clip slicing),was sparingly used for fast clip repeating.

This environment is one interpretation of a growing sound preoccupation of mine...as it`s becoming..."the underground transport",(subway/tube).
I`m a guy...and I guess it`s natural for guys to be interested in tube like structures. : )
And thanx so much for stopping by and gracing me with your compliment dystonia_ek !!

Listening now. I like this.

what's mg? :lol:

mr.me wrote:what's mg? :lol:
:dog: hahaha.BID

well done! kind of dream-like, but not quite nightmarish.
thanks for the information on how you did this.

This is very enjoyable. Really like the placement of the organ, at first slightly hidden and then completely subsumed.

BID?

DLing now...get back with ya in a bit. :wink:

Very nice indeed Barry, reminds me a bit of some of the soundtrack to 2001, love that far away voxish pad that runs through it. Also like the effort into programing some of your own sounds as well, shows alot of love went into creating sounds. 8)

To OzoneJunkie/mr.me/bluedad/shamann/Soniccat...thanx for stop`in in and taking your time to listen to this! ; )

The version you guys heard of this was not mixed well and not mastered.
I did all that this time and it sounds much better!
It`s the same link up top and here;
http://home.comcast.net/~newdabranck/mu ... inutes.mp3

Thanks for those details, annode. I'll give the remix a listen now. 8)

Lovely. I'm feeling quietly displaced. The ending from around 6:00 is stunning.

Return to “Music Cafe”