[noise] annihilist salutes msbr

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

No, it's not the second 'Trinity' teaser (though that's coming almost immediately) but a track recorded and mixed yesterday for Steinklang Industries' tribute to Koji Tano of MSBR, who died July 31st. Abused metal, electronic drone created with boss pedals feeding back into themselves, and Tibetan thighbone. I played a show with MSBR back in 1999 - Koji generated an awe-inspiring, brutal, yet meditative wall of droning sound for nearly an hour. This piece was inspired by my memory of that night.

annihilist 'sutra x'

If your internal organs are vibrating, it's at the right volume.

The full compilation will be available for free download on the 31st of August.
Last edited by dystonia_ek on Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

It has a good drone quality to it. Both soft and hard all at once. Easy to get lost in.

A wonderful noise piece. I look forward to hearing other contributions as well.

Thanks for giving us a sneak preview :)

Thanks for listening, Kelly.

be sure to bump this on the 31st,for some reason my memory aint great these days :hihi:

like the crashing of waves!

It's almost suffocating in its heaviness. Very big when very loud.

A fitting tribute and a great track. I had only heard some MSBR over the years, always liked what I'd heard. 44 is such an early age to go. Thanks for sharing, James. Looking forward to the whole compilation.

Cheers,
Steve

Billions of warful minded protons and electrons viciously fighting one another for the soleful right to move freely across a transport cable to get to their respective states of self termination for solice and peace as it is said to be in the holy scriptures.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

great stuff!
have enjoyed a few msbr sets; very convincing, hm?
+++++++++++++++++++++++
now will you listen to me!
+++++++++++++++++++++++

@shamann: I expect there may be some reissues forthcoming. I believe the MSBR/Kengo Iuchi split/collab is still available from Alien8 - has an excellent 20+min MSBR track in a more subdued mode. The live recordings are the ones to check though.

@annode: love that description.

@feindbild: good to see you (virtually) in here again! Still working with/at Spectre?
Koji was at his best live - good you had the chance to see him. I regret never to have seen a Magmax performance though.

Thanks for the listens all.

Cathartic. I kept listening for some beauty beyond the onslaught - and think I catched glimpses (or the sonic equivalent) of it at times.

Cheers Thomas!

Updated participants list as follows:

A Challenge of Honour - NL
Alfarmania (=Survival Unit) - Sweden
Ambassador 21 - Belarus
Amir Baghiri - Germany/Iran
Annihilist - Canada
Antracot - Germany
Arcane Art - Norway
Atrox - Germany
Audible Pain - Germany
C-DRIKS - NL
Camisole - Belgium
Cold Fusion - Poland
Courtis (=Reynols) - Argentina
Dead Shall Not Have Died In Vain - USA
Emil Beaulieau - USA
Flutwacht feat.Synomorph - Germany
Foresta di Ferro (probably) - Italy
Government Alpha - Japan
HIV+ vs Kulfi - France
Human Destructure - Germany
Institution D.O.L. - Austria
Leiche Rustikal - Germany
Levoi Pravoi - Canada
Lith - France
Maurizio Bianchi - Italy
Mr.Crow (=Das Dunkle Land / The Bomb from HK) - Hong Kong
Nekschot - NL
No Light for Tomorrow - Italy
o.m.s.-n.m.a. - Belgium
P.A.L. - Germany
Painslut - Germany
Projekt Hat (probably) - Sweden
Rasthof Dachau - Austria
RTEK - NL
Rukkanor - Poland
Seamus (=Amir Baghiri + Stefano Gentile from Amplexus/Silentes) - Germany/Italy
Stahlwerk 9 - Germany
Strops - Latvia
Tardive Dyskinesia - Germany
Telepherique - Germany
Wertham - Italy

Thanks also to supporting labels Amplexus/Silentes, Vinyl On Demand, Sdim Org./Vrihaspati Records, Atacama Records, Clear Spot, War Office Propaganda, Soleilmoon Recordings, Torpor, Reduktive Musiken, Divine Comedy, Eternal Soul, Tesco Organisation and Ant-Zen.

Maybe I cheated by listening to it at low volumes, as it wasn't really the moment for such a wall of beautiful noise.

Realizing this was even compressed I can only imagine the articulation and subtle nuances wandering through your rooms at hi level

Another fine piece of work

Provides just the right amount of lift to get your Dead One past escape velocity.

I hope I get 'shipped' with something like this one day..You're welcome to perform at my dirt-toss.

:party:

Thanks for the listens, Don and Mark.

BTW, an alternate mix of this will be appearing on yet another MSBR tribute, on CD this time. Details when I have them.

dystonia_ek wrote: @feindbild: good to see you (virtually) in here again! Still working with/at Spectre?
yep. easy going. they don't release much ;)

moved a few months ago, and am still renovating my new place. hence the silence. internet provider problems, dust, no table... not easy to join in on kvr threads ;) it's better now though. <edit>even make new music - on a powerbook only, for the time being. proof? here goes. cheap plug, i know.)</edit>
dystonia_ek wrote: Koji was at his best live - good you had the chance to see him. I regret never to have seen a Magmax performance though.
i saw him twice, if i'm not mistaken. never saw magmax perform either... btw, i've played destructive locomotion yesterday, after i had listened to your song. thanks. long time no play.

that's a nice list of artists on the tribute. i'm surprised there aren't more belgian projects participating though.
+++++++++++++++++++++++
now will you listen to me!
+++++++++++++++++++++++

nice touch to this piece - always happy to hear new work by you. no extended comment really, short of this is fitting the mood I'm in and definitely putting me in a better place than I was already this evening.

slowly but surely you, sickle, and kelly are getting me back to my noise roots.

time for a lost weekend I think.

I never saw MSBR live - have heard pieces before but no full lengths, it's always sad to see someone go, I'll have to track down recordings and get my head around what he did in his lifetime.

Return to “Music Cafe”