Darkish quasi-ambient... I guess...

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Dunno what to call it... Pretty dark compared to what I normally compose though.

I Can Hear You

Whatever you'd call it, I just wanted to try something different (for me anyway :wink:)

Dunno about the sub-bass mixing though... I had to stop trying to get it 'just right' as I was really pissing off the people who live below me! :roll:

:?

they can be really good at ignoring people sometimes :(
this track reminds me a bit of Enigma, mainly the spacey voice samples and the timbre of the melodic lines. i am actually really sleepy as i listen to it, so i guess it's appropriate for my mood. very very relaxed, are there drums in this? it may be a bit too relaxed for most people on here, i dunno. hey, drum sounds(?), they just took 4 minutes to get here, :)
overall, to be honest its pretty boring for my tastes. i wouldn't describe it as dark at all, it's just not like in-your-face happy. it's like super relaxed space music or something. i didn't notice any big problems in the mix.

advaya wrote:Dunno what to call it... Pretty dark compared to what I normally compose though.
funny, because it a lot more upbeat than what i usually listen to.

it's a good track, enjoyed it a lot. like how you brought in the beat later, nice build.

cheers,
scott

SleepyP wrote:they can be really good at ignoring people sometimes :(
A while back, there was thread that tried to figure out tactics for Cafe success. I think it was uniformly agreed upon that Friday was the worst day to post for feedback.

I'm like nyah, this is much lighter than my usual fare. Keeping that in mind, I wasn't in love with the melodic line through the first minute that returns in for the ending. However, I really liked the middle stretch, very clever use of sounds and everything transitioned nicely. I'm not sure what it is about the melodic line, maybe it just was too consonant for my tastes.

SleepyP wrote:they can be really good at ignoring people sometimes :(
its more to do with unfortunately i dont always have the time to catch everything :( (for me anyway,i dont ignore anyone who posts in the cafe.)

anyway onto the track, has a mellow feel very warm to the ears and a very sweet mix too,wish i could get cleanliness like that on the melodic pluck parts :o

like the just out of earshot vocal samples too,very nice vibe :)

Hey folks... Thanks for the comments... The only real reason for my ' :? ' response was because it seemed to slip to almost 3 pages after only two days... Thought I'd try to rescue it just once (and then let it fade away)...

SP + nyah: Yeah, perhaps 'dark' isn't the best way to describe this track... It is just a lot darker than anything I've ever done in the past.

shamann: It's funny... I set out to do some ambient, dissonant drone music such as yourself or Sickle or vurt and all the rest... Unfortunately, I just couldn't make it interesting at all... I'm not sure just how you folks do it... I quickly realised it's not a tallent I possess... I really appreciate your taking the time to listen and comment.

vurt: What can I say? Your feedback is always appreciated (as I know that yours and my tastes are significantly different).

Cheers.

advaya wrote:I'm not sure just how you folks do it... I quickly realised it's not a tallent I possess
No way, I don't believe you. That middle stretch shows you can do it, you just have to show a greater aversion to music, that's all.

hey advaya,

I like it.. I agree with the others about it not really being all that dark, but it's got a nice sound to it.. It reminds me of Hennie Bekker. I enjoyed it, though.

Return to “Music Cafe”