[track] Colombian Gold

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Let me know your thoughts. Cakewalk P5 production.
thanks
http://www.soundclick.com/artist/4/crabtwins_music.htm
Just music

Is that you rapping? The string stabs didn't really work for me, but you've got some nice stuff happening in the track. If you're looking to make it more commercial, you might need to get to the rap sooner, but I like the slow build myself.

(I've noticed a lot of people here get put off by sites like soundclick. You might get more responses if you put up a direct link to the track.)

oh goody, streaming only! but seriously, why? it doesn't stop people from downloading it... i just did.
in my sleep-deprived and grouchy state, i feel the intro goes on too long. it feels like an easy way to make the song longer for no good reason.
also, i don't feel it's very cool to take your vocals wholesale from 2pac without crediting him anywhere. seriously, at least put it in the post, if not on the soundclick site. the man is dead, show him a little more respect.

sleepy I run into salty haters like you all the time. Get off your high horse and come down here where mature people talk. The intro is long for the people who are blinded by genres, I posted for review of the beat. THen I put the acapella in cause that is how I like it. And because I felt that once I had them hooked I could bless them with some Pac.

You on the other hand dont seem to have a filter in your brain that can think outside of the mainstream. I could go on for a really long time about your type but lets just say. If everyone felt the way you did i might take it seriously, but that hasnt been the case. SOme people are just too wound up in what they think is the industry and hate on the people doing the dirt. Phuck off sleepy. ITs not about Pac its about you.
Just music

wow, what a great attitude :) so you really and truly think it's good form to not give 2pac credit? were you even planning on telling anyone here that this is what you did?

Dumb a$$,

If anyone who does listen to hip hop didnt know thats pac I guess I dont know you can answer that, and to anyone who didnt I figured they would critique the beat. Like I said this isnt about pac its about you, sleepy. Good name by the way I couldnt have picked a better one.
Just music

you're quite the jackass :)
i didn't even level any real criticism against your "phat work" aside from from "i feel the intro goes on too long. it feels like an easy way to make the song longer for no good reason." and pointing out my general distaste for making a song streaming-only, which actually has nothing to do with the song itself. that does not make me a "salty hata". that is "constructive criticism".
"salty hata" is something like this:
"whats the matter chump, you gotta rip off Pac because you knew only his magic could transform your whack ass shit into Columbian Gold?"

see the dramatic difference?

i ask again, why is it streaming only? you haven't addessed that question, and i'm kinda curious about your answer.

finally, notice that THE FIRST REACTION right out of the gate, very first sentence was "Is that you rapping?". enough said.

You can't even spell Colombian right homes. Keep this up and you can come back like it was a journal of your days when you were a troll looking for reasons to hate and see his name in bright (KVR) lights. Streaming:
Why are you so upset you couldn't download if you disliked it so much and it was wack? Do you see how your hole keeps getting deeper and mine stays right where it wasnt since we started this. I will have to summon strength from up above to not continue to get off the evolution bus and go back so that you can come with. This post was placed in forums with critiquing in it about music. It wasnt about Pac, you dont get that and that is fine. So you think that people will believe this is me? Cool try and get me a deal while your sleeping.
Just music

Sorry folks. THis is gettin ugly. I managed to catch a distractor. I wanted critique on the beats but moderators sometimes move things to other rooms not sure if that happened here, but I was just looking for a critique on the instrumental and if by chance you were a Tupac fan you would enjoy it more. Not everyone does, thats the reason for the long intro, it show cased all the things I would be using in the arrangement. I dont want to do this whole back and forth thing so if I offended anyone, There is an acapella of the venerable and unmistable Tupac Shakur towards the second half of the arrangement, but if you hate rap like most of you do, I tried to keep 2PAC off the description so as not to turn you away. :o
But that plot has all been spoiled. By the insightful SleepyP enis.
Just music

You need to get a grip mate... You asked to hear peoples thoughts of your track, SP gave you his... Not every review is going to be glowing...

Here is my thoughts:
On your site you went out of your way to inform the listeners that "This my own production. No sampled breaks." But made no indication that you blatantly ripped off the vocal track(s) from another artist (at least give credit where it is due). Is there any vox in this track that are your own doing?

If you continue with your strategy of using someone else's vocals in your tracks (without any credit), accept the fact that people (including myself) aren't going to be overwhelmed by your efforts...

OK... Flame away... :roll:

Anyone casting the "correct spelling" stone at his detractors needs to come down off HIS high horse. Ridiculous. Is this a spelling bee or a forum about ideas and music? Complete pedantry. Also, as far as I know, it is against the law and clearly stated that only original material may be uploaded at soundclick. If I had to take my pick between having broken site rules or spelling Colombian incorrectly...

As advaya said, get a grip.
"Your petty insults are of no consequence." --Jp22
Songs

careful folks, you don't want to be seen as a "salty hata" ;)

For the two of you that actually feel like sleep, and anyone else who does just look at the original post that started all this.
SleepyP wrote:oh goody, streaming only! but seriously, why? it doesn't stop people from downloading it... i just did.
Does that sound like the start of constructive feedback? I can take criticism if its honest and about music. But lets go on and see what's next.
SleepyP wrote:in my sleep-deprived and grouchy state, i feel the intro goes on too long. it feels like an easy way to make the song longer for no good reason.
This isn't criticism, this would be on 100,000$ pyramid game show for "What would a salty hater say?" or "What would a jerkoff say when someone asks for feedback." Where is the glimmer of respect that I should have for this guy at this point. Let's read on......
SleepyP wrote: also, i don't feel it's very cool to take your vocals wholesale from 2pac without crediting him anywhere. seriously, at least put it in the post, if not on the soundclick site. the man is dead, show him a little more respect.
Sleepy your from Podunk Ohio(nothing against the rest of Ohio), you are self proclaimed "dork" in your own profile. YOu have got to be kidding me if you think I am gonna let some punk ass like you dis me like that right out of the gate. When all I wanted was feedback on the instrumental.
Seriously you didn't even give me a chance to write back and say

"No dude that's Tupac Shakur, just my beat."

I can't believe people actually supported this dude. Are those separate logins you got sleepy?
If not, I know there's better people than that at KVR so to them I say(represent). I guess everybody here would take that kind of a post lying down? I know that's not true, but if I get more hate flames. I'll pray for ya.

peace! put down the guns. stop the violence

"But I see now that whether I show up for work or not, the evil forces are going to beat me. They're going to come 100 percent, so if I dont be 100 percent pure-hearted, I'm going to lose." -- Tupac Shakur
Just music

twat

man oh man, it just keeps getting better and better :)

Return to “Music Cafe”