There are enough delay plugs that do everything already
9%

Total votes: 254

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Aiynzahev wrote:
I did a video breaking down ubermod, should be helpful in grasping the workflow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlJiGNfJV8E
I find all of your videos are very well done. Just what I like!

Thanks. :)
바보

Thank you very much
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

After trying UVI relayer I would Like to see something between it and Ubermod: more control over delay repeats, more crazy modulation stuff. Add tape delay emu (one can conly dream).
dedication to flying

I, for one, would suggest something more focused on pitch transpositions, from varied ,flanging-like detuning effects to scale-based harmonisations en passant par reverse-delay similar to some granulators ...or valhallashimmer but tempo-based rather than through complex delay networks (AFAIK)

I'd like to see a Valhalla spring reverb+tape style delay in a combined plugin for some Space Echo like goodness.

Delay with micro pitch and frequency shifting please, for Eventide style shenanigans. I know Freq Echo does the Feq Shift part already, but would be great to have a more advanced delay plug, with more controls and an external input to the feedback loop for crazy EQ and saturation possibilities etc.

I recently demoed relayed and there are few things I would like to see in a Valhalla delay also: control over repeats tempo, pan and volume.

I still preferred by large the sound of übermod.
dedication to flying

Simple, versus complex?

Faithful tape echo, versus versatile delay?

A few controls, versus lots of controls?

These are the sorts of questions I have to deal with when thinking about future delays.

ValhallaPlate, by comparison, was easy. A real plate only has 1 to 2 controls (decay, and maybe a low cut slider). There are only so many controls you can add before you add controls that make it sound like a not-plate. A not-plate isn't any good, so keeping it simple was easy to do.

Delays, OTOH, are way trickier to turn into a useable tool. I know that ÜberMod is too complicated, so I won't be doing that one again. How simple can the thing be, and still be useful?

Sean Costello

Notable delays as points of comparison:

HARDWARE

Roland RE-201 (don't have one, but have worked with one)
Roland RE-301 (have one)
Echoplex (don't own, but have worked with one)
AMS DMX-1580s (never even seen in person, but seems pretty awesome)
El Capistan (got one)
Various BBD pedals/racks (owned a LOT of these at various times)
Older digital delays (ditto)

SOFTWARE

Echoboy (have it)
Replika (have it)
H-Delay (don't have it, should probably get it)

Add Relayer by UVI to the list of software. Something between the control it offers lus the sound of tape echo would be my dream delay (plus the diffuse options in ubermod).

Also maybe the RE 501 and Moogfoger delay pedal.
dedication to flying

valhallasound wrote:Notable delays as points of comparison:

SOFTWARE

Echoboy (have it)
Replika (have it)
H-Delay (don't have it, should probably get it)
SonicCharge Echobode ?
u-He MFM2 ?

No thanks. Or it really does something other delays don't do yet.

I'd like to see Room, Vintage and Plate extended with advanced possibilities/features to create new experimental creative reverbs. Like a button that opens up a second window with more parameters to explore new worlds. But you can always go back to the "simple" interface as we already know it.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

Yes, a delay would be lovely. One that replicated the Alesis Midiverb II in every single way :D

A delay with an effects loop so you could insert plugs to act on the repeats would be fabulous. I think Augustus Loop is the only delay plugin that allows this.

valhallasound wrote:Simple, versus complex?

Faithful tape echo, versus versatile delay?

A few controls, versus lots of controls?

These are the sorts of questions I have to deal with when thinking about future delays.
Anything but faithful, please. All of the stuff I like in reverbs comes from the 80's. Those creative reverbs weren't trying to sound realistic but they worked and still work so well. A delay that followed a similar creative path rather than realism would be rather special.

I was watching a video about the Lexicon Primal Tap, in a recent Soundtoys Primal Tap thread and i got to say that it looks pretty nice. Did not know the unit but a Valhalla "extended" unit sounds interesting for example.

I really would like to see a very complex delay full of features. I am served of simple delays within my Daw. (+ Replika, Dubstation and free ones.)
Full separate control of left and right in milliseconds and measures, multipliers, LFOs and all of the other goodies Valhalla can come up with! :D
An Eventide like monster would be fantastic!

Return to “Valhalla DSP”